I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Great Show!!!
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 24, 2020 09:18PM

What a great weekend, every aspect of the ICRBE makes it worth everything that goes into attending. All the vendors and Industry people. all the rodbuilders, all the friends we've all made over the years - it's like a reunion of people who share the love and passion for what we all do. Tom does a fantastic job with the show and the Rodmaker reception, it's important that all the builders that get his magazine, and who are regular posters to this forum - make an effort to attend this show and support the industry.

We've already had a meeting and are making improvements to our booth, and will be reserving our booth for 2021 ICRBE as soon as the date is set. Thanks Tom from me and from all The NERB that were part of this year, and every year's event

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Great Show!!!
Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: February 24, 2020 10:37PM

My first, but not last, show. Great learning opportunity all around - thanks to all those behind the scene and all the vendors to make it happen!

Posted by: Ken Brown 2 (---.229.247.206.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: February 25, 2020 07:11AM

I saw the posts on facebook regarding the show. Seems like it was a great turn out. Gotta make my way down there for next year's show.

Date: February 25, 2020 08:53AM

Ken, where on FB did you see the posts? If you are actively building rods, posting on forums and groups, you owe it to yourself to save up and make time to attend next year.

Nice to meet you Mike, and your wife. Glad you spent so much time at the booth, have fun with all the stuff you purchased and info thrown at you with your next set of rods.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 25, 2020 09:35AM

We had a new record attendance on both Saturday and Sunday. Overall the Expo was another great success and the most important part is that the builders who attended learned and enjoyed the time they spent there. In the 17 years I've been doing this, I have spoken to thousands of rod builders from all over the country, the world even, and cannot remember a single one that ever said they were disappointed in the event or that the time and distance they traveled to get here wasn't worthwhile.

Obviously, the exhibitors, seminars, demo's, etc., are a major draw, but most attendees will tell you that the most important thing about being here is being able to be around so very many others who share the same passion and love for the craft. Where else can you go and see, visit and chat with this many other custom rod builders? I'd wager that there is as much learning and sharing going on in the aisles as in the booths or seminar rooms.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: February 25, 2020 10:26AM

Hello All.

Gooood Show.

Had a good time & saw some old friends & made some new ones, as usual at the EXPO.

Planning on next year myself.

Take Care

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Date: February 25, 2020 11:03AM

Billy..I saw it on the Mudhole Live's Rod Builders Workshop. I thought you were tagged in it. It was a pic of the rods at the NERB booth I believe. I will have to plan the trip down. A bit of a drive from PA.

Date: February 25, 2020 11:26AM

It's well worth the trip down, at my booth alone we had people driving from Wisconsin, chicago, CT, NY, NJ, New Hamsphire, Florida, Texas, New Orleans - It's well worth it. I'm posting a bunch of photos and videos on Youtube on my FB this week, check it out.

Tom, there is nothing like being able to meet all the builders and get to know them, see their work in person, and build relationships. Cant' put a pricetag on that

Posted by: Bill Marchisella (---)
Date: February 25, 2020 01:50PM

I drove 12 hours; worth every mile.I met some old friends and made some new ones. I even parted with some cash. I also talked a lot to other builders, which is great. Went to a couple of seminars, and speaking about seminars, when I went passed Billy's seminar, he called me out to attendees as' there goes Bill Marchisella- he's famous'.Just because I wrote a few articles on eva does not make me famous. But to have about 30+ people around you in awe at your seminar and call you the Wizard of thread and Guru of eva,, I think you are the famous one. Like Billy said, you have to come just once, and you will get the idea. You will learn things about rod building that you cant learn from book, make new friends, have fun, and meet great people like Tom and Billy.

Date: February 25, 2020 02:30PM

Great to see you Bill, you deserve the recognition as the articles and the work that you post are inspiring and informative to others. IT's all about promoting the Art and the craft, and I am glad that you got to meet so many people and get teh recognition that you deserve. I sold several copies of ROdmaker magazine which contained your EVA articles at my seminar, I'm sure that it was nice for the people who were there to meet you and know who the guy is writing the articles.

Posted by: Don Mang (---)
Date: February 25, 2020 02:56PM

Ken where in PA are you? I'm in Philadelphia.

Date: February 25, 2020 03:28PM

Im in Emmaus (just south of Allentown).

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: February 25, 2020 03:29PM

Billy
What stood out to me most about the show:

For the last few years I've supported the Batson's both as part of their pro staff, mostly fielding questions from fresh water rod builders

This year the skill level of questions that were asked, thoughtful, intelligent, thought out types of questions
Were far superior to those I've been asked in the past.

I mostly attribute that to people being educated from previous shows, Rod maker mag, the Forum, builders like yourself and other's
educating the newer builders'

Teaching them to think and experiment, opposed to just copying what has been done before.

Was good to see you.
One day we'll get a chance to sit down and talk at length.

Some of your guy's work (art work, thread work) on their rods was truly amazing.

Posted by: Paul Luechtefeld (---)
Date: February 26, 2020 05:08AM

I am going to make it some day. Being disabled and on a fixed income makes it tough. Hopefully next year is my year.

Posted by: Larry Green (104.129.195.---)
Date: February 26, 2020 11:04AM

It was a great show - I was able to bring a friend who has never built and wants to start. He bought 7 blanks - I'm going to be busy building and teaching him what I know (very little).

The highlights to me were the new handle systems from American Tackle and their Bushido blanks.

RodGeeks helped me procure a couple of blanks to fit specific needs for largemouth.

One thing I would like to see is more complete item offerings for sale at the show (reel seats, etc). There were a lot of 'sale' items but I didn't find a complete Fuji offering - but these are easy to order. Maybe I just missed it with all of the different things I was looking at.

Hope to make it again next year.

Posted by: Larry Green (104.129.195.---)
Date: February 26, 2020 11:04AM

It was a great show - I was able to bring a friend who has never built and wants to start. He bought 7 blanks - I'm going to be busy building and teaching him what I know (very little).

The highlights to me were the new handle systems from American Tackle and their Bushido blanks.

RodGeeks helped me procure a couple of blanks to fit specific needs for largemouth.

One thing I would like to see is more complete item offerings for sale at the show (reel seats, etc). There were a lot of 'sale' items but I didn't find a complete Fuji offering - but these are easy to order. Maybe I just missed it with all of the different things I was looking at.

Hope to make it again next year.

Posted by: Gary Kilmartin (---.consolidated.net)
Date: February 27, 2020 03:02PM

This was my third Expo, and I have to say, the best thing on the Expo floor is Billy’s booth. NERBS in force and action. Bunch of talented, knowledgable dudes, willing to share anything they know with anybody who asks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster