I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

China closing factories
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: February 17, 2020 02:47PM

Just saw on the news that many factories in China are closed because of the Corona Virus, looks like late March as the earliest to restart, building season has started, might be a good idea to stock up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: China closing factories
Posted by: John Cates (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2020 04:10PM

Great topic...

99% of what we make and use to supply what we make is sourced right here in the USA. There will be no supply problems for Flex Coat products.

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: February 18, 2020 01:48PM

Buy American, you don't want to take a chance of getting the Corona virus from a contaminated product. LOL. I always will buy American over imported anyway. Most of the polymers that are used in epoxy and polyester resins come from US chemical plants. I have also noticed how Corona beer is on sale now too. Is it the same in other parts of the country?

Date: February 18, 2020 03:41PM

Maybe there would be a run on Corona typewriters, if they still made them. LOL. I know my appetite for snakes is way down.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: February 18, 2020 06:22PM

Lance,
I don't often drink beer, but if I am in a Mexican beer and it is a hot summer day, my choice is Corona.
[en.wikipedia.org])

I think that it is very similar to Coors beer in taste where the fly fishing is great in the high Rockies.

But, the deep sea fishing is also great in the Sea of Cortez for bill fish and other wonderful Ocean going fish.

Posted by: david taylor (---)
Date: February 18, 2020 08:44PM

Many probably have their blank inventories in decent shape. I think a lot of blanks come from Korea, too. I think TFO blanks are made in Korea. Or go with good old U.S.A. produced blanks -- NFC or the OEMs.. You have Rod Geeks from Mexico. Does CTS produce its blanks in New Zealand?

As to beer, not typewriters, Corona beer sold in the U.S. is produced by Constellation Brands a few miles south of the boarder at a huge brewery in Nava, Mexico, for sales only in the U.S. No trout in that part of Mexico, and a long way to the salt. The Corona beer you quaff in Mexico is not produced by Constellation, but is brewed by Anheuser Bush InBev, who purchased Group Modelo years ago and own, brew and sell the Corona and Modelo brands world-wide except in the U.S.

I work for Molson Coors in Colorado. I can go watch Coors Light or Coors Banquet being brewed in Golden, Colo., and drive a few minutes and catch trout. Beer and trout fishing = good. There are quite a few small brewers in the Rocky mountain region who produce beers named after trout or have trout on their labels. Many fisherman are beer quaffers, but I don't know too many who use typewriters.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: February 18, 2020 11:26PM

David’s post was very entertaining and well written!!! Now, are we all going to have fun or contain ourselves to Spencer’s original post LOL? Oh, let’s have fun.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Date: February 19, 2020 11:29AM

When the CG ships I was on pulled into Mazatlan, I think I saw a Corona brewery not far away, personally I preferred XXX, or Modelo Negra. Preferred the in country San Miguel when in the Philippines over the export.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 22, 2020 11:20AM

I have yet to see any research results about the viability of the Coronavirus on hard surfaces over time or what (if any) precautions are in place, but this is a serious consideration for serious people. China is the chief supplier of fishing equipment to American anglers.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 22, 2020 11:21AM

I have yet to see any research results about the viability of the Coronavirus on hard surfaces over time or what (if any) precautions are in place, but this is a serious consideration for serious people. China is the chief supplier of fishing equipment to American anglers.

Posted by: ron zimmerman (---.tcso.qwest.net)
Date: February 26, 2020 08:43AM

I'll use chinese blanks but I wont drink mexican beer , or American beer or chinese beer or canadian beer or well ANY beer, I hate the stuff just like cigarettes' but I will drink Rum and Coke , just not rum and coke from mexico or canada or china but I will from and in America . Hmmm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster