I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ICRBE
Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---)
Date: February 15, 2020 03:06PM

Being unable to attend, will any of the product specials be afforded to me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ICRBE
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 15, 2020 04:21PM

smh

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 15, 2020 05:13PM

I can't speak for any of the exhibitors, but there is usually a reason that show specials are show specials.

Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---)
Date: February 16, 2020 07:19PM

smh?????

Date: February 16, 2020 09:20PM

I know that the way the world is today, people expect something for nothing. But it's 100% a smh post to everyone that is spending time and money to attend the show, and to the vendors who have put in a lot of effort, time, and money to promote their products at the show. THey aren't stupid enough to come out and post it as they dont' want to lose business. I'll be the stupid one and take the bullet for them. What incentive does it give anyone to attend the show if the vendors are giving the same discounts to those not attending? SMH x 10

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: February 16, 2020 09:31PM

Buyers are buyers, Nobody in their right mind is going to the show to save money!!! No vendors are there to sell at a loss. Simple question, deserves a polite answer. Ugh.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 16, 2020 10:16PM

The fact is, many rod building components can be bought at the Expo for far less than anywhere at any time of year. This isn't the sort of thing that companies can do 12 months out of the year, to anyone and everyone. Many people who attend the Expo are indeed there for the bargains. Obviously, there are many, many many more reasons to attend... but make no mistake that if you are seeking fantastic deals on blanks and components, this is the place to be.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.inf6.spectrum.com)
Date: February 17, 2020 09:51AM

Hello All.

I usually make a list all year of things I WANT as compared to what I need (have to have now for a build), and when the show comes around I bring my list.

I almost always get everything on the list, and it's ALWAYS cheaper than I bought it off line or from a catalog.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: February 17, 2020 03:50PM

After further review, I would like to retract my post. Were it possible I'd be first in line to get in. So, I guess, sour grapes on my part. Wishing a great time to all who attend, and thanks to Tom for hosting it! For me it's either the show or 2 wk.s in Canada, and Canada wins out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2020 07:06PM by Lynn Behler.

Date: February 17, 2020 05:08PM

smh

Posted by: Mark Warnke (---.car2-wispds4-pool9.amplex.net)
Date: February 17, 2020 08:44PM

I thought to myself the same thing. I wish I could snap up some of those good buys even though i'm not going this year.
Truth is I probably could by having a buddy(Scott....) pick me some up. You could do the same. If you don't know ANY one else that's going...
maybe you should consider going to make some contacts. There are a lot of awesome people that go to this show and a lot of knowledge to be had.
Besides you cant win the lottery if you don't play!!! Hence the reason I never win the lottery. So to end this nonsense
rambling. Don't get unhappy that you cant get the deal. Instead get what they are trying to tell you....Get Out To The Show!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster