I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rainshadow Solid Glass
Posted by: Brandon Johnson (---)
Date: November 30, 2019 07:59PM

Today I received 3 Rainshadow .385X.105X72 solid glass blanks, I have built on these blanks before. My question/ problem is the finish on the blanks looks and feels like 180 grit sandpaper. Has anyone ever had blanks come like this or should i contact Get Bit Outdoors and get new ones? If i figure out how to upload a picture i will shortly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rainshadow Solid Glass
Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: December 01, 2019 02:41PM

Brandon,
Yes, sometimes they will feel like that. Just do a quick sand down with 220, 300, 400 and 600 and you will be good to go.

On the other hand, a lot of folks like a blank to have a finish like this and it helps to keep a hand from slipping on the rod when fishing.

But, as with any item, if you are unhappy, or have a question, call your supplier and ask for advice and or potential replacement.

Get Bit is an excellent supplier that always works well with their clients.

Take care

Re: Rainshadow Solid Glass
Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: December 02, 2019 11:49AM

Hi Brandon,

That sounds like really rough blank. I checked out stock on that particular model and none are rough. It goes through a wet grinder so there shouldn't be any inconsistencies in the smoothness of the blank.

If you get a chance, please email me a photo at marketing@batsonenterprises.com so we can take a look at it.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster