I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sea guide models
Posted by: Brandon parlacoski (---)
Date: October 29, 2019 11:44PM

Just wondering what sea guide is comparable to Fuji kw double foot guide any help would be appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sea guide models
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: October 30, 2019 01:32AM

They're all about the same height, the angle of the frame between them I have no clue.

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: October 30, 2019 02:23AM

Looks like the below model fits

XQHG

[www.whxingtai.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2019 02:25AM by herb canter.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 30, 2019 05:17AM

If I want something that is shaped like a Fuji, I will buy a Fuji. I know exactly what I'm getting with Fuji. Another guide may look like a Fuji, but is it of comparable quality in all regards?

Date: October 30, 2019 08:41AM

I’m not sure that is why I figured I would buy some and test them out. What is hard to tell on there website is how they are shaped and I know I like how the Fuji’s sit.

Posted by: Rick Hall (---.msl-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: October 30, 2019 08:59AM

You know Michael that all guides that go onto large factory rods are tested extensively, particularly Shimano. Our guides fare as well as our competitor. Yes Fuji makes really good products, but do not think they are the only ones. The guides that are referred to are made of 316SS as apposed to 304. Yes we buy our steel from same place as Fuji. If you notice were work with nearly every major rod factory in the word.

We also make all of our own ceramics, nobody else in the world does that, not even Fuji. You should look at our SIN ring guides, also in 316 material guides, they weigh less than the steel rings everyone thinks are so light. Some other factories will not tell you what ceramics you are buying, SeaGuide will.

You will never know our quality if you do not try them!

Rick Hall
Global Sales Manager
SeaGuide Corporation
406-750-2122
www.sea-guide.com

Date: October 30, 2019 10:04AM

Brandon parlacoski Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m not sure that is why I figured I would buy
> some and test them out. What is hard to tell on
> there website is how they are shaped and I know I
> like how the Fuji’s sit.

Brandon, look in our catalog online. It includes drawings with all dimensions and frame weights. If you have more questions please let me know.

Rick Hall
Global Sales Manager
SeaGuide Corporation
406-750-2122
www.sea-guide.com

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: October 30, 2019 02:35PM

I looked at the "SeaGuide" website and was very pleased to see 316 steel being used for the frames , Alps advertises 316 on many of their guides also . I have not found any mention of 316 for Fuji however , they should list that because imo Fuji's standard metal frames have a heavier feel to them which is why i usually go with titanium.

Seaguide offers titanium frames which are priced very fairly .

Posted by: Mark Hahn (---.123.131.174.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: October 30, 2019 03:04PM

I've tried SeaGuide on several rods and like them very much. The only point of criticism is the availability.

Date: October 30, 2019 03:20PM

On the topic of availability I have ordered some new guides to try but a few that I need are sold out, Rick Hall do you know when the Tixog- n and Tixolg single foot guides will be back in stock? Thanks

Date: October 30, 2019 03:24PM

Mark Hahn Wrote:
> I've tried SeaGuide on several rods and like them
> very much. The only point of criticism is the
> availability.

I absolutely agree with you. The new [rodbuilderswarehouse.com] site has huge selection of items, with more on order arriving in next few weeks. Thank you for your kind words as well.

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 30, 2019 03:24PM

I believe Fuji is using SA-213 S31272 or a 310 type SS. I will try to do PMI on it when I get a chance. These basically have a higher Nickle content (higher permeability/can hold magnetism) with less Molybdenum than 316 SS. Fuji forced me to Seaguide and Alps because they quit making the "L" frame Ti guides. Fuji stainless frames corrode in wet environments and even more so in saltwater. My order is at RB.O's new sponsor Rod Builders Warehouse (RBW) for Seaguide Ti “L” frame guides. These are pricey guides so you are not saving over Fuji, but they have the style that I need for fly rods. Right now RBW has 35% off for their grand opening and free shipping for orders over $19.00, so they are a bargain at this moment. Their large double foot guides, XQG look very similar to Fuji's KW.

Date: October 30, 2019 03:25PM

Brandon parlacoski Wrote:
> On the topic of availability I have ordered some
> new guides to try but a few that I need are sold
> out, Rick Hall do you know when the Tixog- n and
> Tixolg single foot guides will be back in stock?
> Thanks

please send me an email and I will check for you.

Date: October 30, 2019 04:02PM

Will do thanks

Posted by: Gary Weber (173.241.113.---)
Date: November 03, 2019 10:58PM

For Rick,
You say earlier, "SIN ring guides, also in 316 material guides, they weigh less than the steel rings everyone thinks are so light."
Are you referring to Seaguide single-foot Guides HLG ?
Thanks

Posted by: Kevin Bogan (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 06, 2019 08:47AM

I use a lot of Sea Guide guides. Mostly heavier boat, spin. My rods fish the mighty Atlantic, year round. Their guides are as good as anything I have seen, by any other mfrg. We are often told that the SIC, Zirconia etc rings are the way to go. The fact is, even a cheaper ring is a very good ring. What few people think about is the frame. They can say anything they want about 316, 304, etc etc, but if you see the frame rusting after the rod is built, guess what??? You are screwed. Sea guide frames hold up against corrosion better than any other frame I have worked with. I often wondered how the "Big Shots" never dealt with corrosion problems. Also, Sea guide is priced "Right"!. I think their website needs to be updated, but the products are excellent! I'd like to see them get more into heavier offshore products, but what they have now are top of the line.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster