I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Shoutout To Paul At Mudhole!
Posted by: Tony Boschi (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2019 03:54PM

So this is a shoutout and a HUGE Thank You to Paul at Mudhole Customer Service in reference to a blank I purchased.

I actually purchased 8 blanks for a special build, 4 Gloss White and 4 Teal blanks. Without thinking (Hard to believe I know!) I put handles on 2 of the Whites and 2 of the Teals.

After I had the handles on, the next day, I noticed a "blemish" in the finish on one side of one of the Teal blanks. Taking a photo of it was nearly IMPOSSIBLE as it was almost a complete and total "feel" type of thing. It was this area where you could feel this blemish for like 4 inches. You could BARELY see it, but you could feel it. I called Mudhole and was connected with Paul and I mentioned more than anything, I just wanted to mention it in case there was an issue with others so they could check their stock. every other blank, both White and Teal, were perfect in finish.

Paul was BEYOND accommodating in replacing the blank and for this, I thank you! (By the way, both he and my girlfriend both mentioned "You should have checked that blank BEFORE you put that handle on" !!! ......sigh .... but I digress....!) By the way, I put a "Natural" colored Winn Grip split handle on the blank so I was prepared for the expense of replacing everything regardless since my OCD would NEVER allow me to make an uneven amount of rods!

Paul "warranted" the rod and gave me a new Natural Winn Grip Split Handle kit at a significantly reduced price.

It certain makes it nice to know there really are people and companies out there that stand behind everything they sell and take care of their clients.

Customer for life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shoutout To Paul At Mudhole!
Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2019 04:17PM

Hello Tony -- A Huge Thank You for displaying the Customer Service aspect that Paul Schmidt provides thru his efforts at Mud Hole Custom Tackle. I have forwarded your post to him. Thank You & We Appreciate Your Business!

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster