I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mudhole mistake.. Didnt notice right away.. Now i think i may be screwed
Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: October 12, 2019 01:09AM

Crap..

I ordered a X-camo rod kit for a clients kid, i ordered the CAMO72M 6' 6-12lb 1/4-1/2oz.

The problem is i got a CAMO72M 6' 10-15lb 1/2-1oz. Kit.. And i glue up a bunch of handles at a shot.. Didnt notice it was the wrong blank until i went to put the decal on..

Now i dont k ow what to do.. Call the customer and give them the bad news i guess.. Hope mudhole An make it right... I cant afford to eat a kit i dont want.. I have 0 use for the rod.. It would probably sell, however im not ok with waiting and hoping...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole mistake.. Didnt notice right away.. Now i think i may be screwed
Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: October 12, 2019 01:54AM

If it's sent and you get it then return it , problem fixed you don't have to eat the cost .

Date: October 12, 2019 02:00AM

I already have the handle assembly, reel seat, and butt cap on...

Plus the customer had to get me the reel for it.. I ordered it 5th of September.. This is what i get for trusting invoices..

Posted by: Terry Kirk (---)
Date: October 12, 2019 08:21AM

Mudhole has excellent CS you could call them and ask. They messed up if it's not the blank you ordered but you also have some responsibility to check your purchase. I would keep it and sell it later since i didn't verify what i bought. Someone will have a use for it and even the current customer might be fine with it especially if you discount it a bit for him.

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 12, 2019 09:53AM

It is not that big of a deal. Mudhole will probably send you another kit because it was their fault. But really if you could not tell the difference, there probably isn't one. The rod would be better for live bait (if that is what they are using anyway) and casting larger plugs or lures. It would still work for lighter baits but where there might be cover like pulling bass out of grass or reeds. Just a different tool and you may be able to sell them on a two for one special. The problem that I see is the kind of fish they are going for and what they are using for bait / lure. If it is bass that is a great blank, same with redfish.

Date: October 12, 2019 10:00AM

Its for a 12 yr. Old.. Mainly fishing canals and creeks.. Its ok though customer just got bacl to me, he says to go ahead.. My concern is more with the casting of lighter lures, i recently introduced him,to the KR concept and its incredible casting distances.. With being,so stiff im afraid its going to significantly (with lighter weights) impact distance.. I jumped the gun though, he says to keep going..

Posted by: Scott Kelly (---)
Date: October 12, 2019 11:38AM

Why not just build the mistake rod and give it to the kid along with the rod you’ll get paid for? You might only break even on the deal but it is a kids rod and can only be beneficial down the road business-wise. We aren’t taking high end components here.

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 14, 2019 09:33AM

Hello Anthony - Thank You for bringing this to our attention. After checking the blanks in our inventory, somehow a older, incorrect decal was packaged in the CAMO72M rod blanks. Decal is incorrect, the rod blank is correct. Our Customer Service Department will be sending you a correct decal. Very sorry for our mistake. Thank You

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2019 09:51AM by Bob McKamey.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: October 14, 2019 11:43AM

So it sounds like you have built the right rod after all.

Take care

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster