I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji KR GPS question
Posted by: Mark D Schulte (---)
Date: October 05, 2019 11:57AM

First time using the free software. I don't think I'm quite understanding it. If anyone is familiar with it could you help me out. My reel is a shimano Ultegra 4000XG . Dist "a" 81.5 "b" 74.5 "c" 121mm. Spool dia. 51.7 mm . When I plug in the numbers for KL-H guides the measurements show them stacked together. I just don't think i quite understand what I'm looking at. I tried the 27x method and measurements are relatively close to the same. Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji KR GPS question
Posted by: Bert Dluhy (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 05, 2019 12:01PM

sounds like you are using the GPS for the New Concept system
The KR GPS asks for rod length reel size and line etc.
Then recommends reduction train guides and provides location

Date: October 05, 2019 12:06PM

I looked at both for assistance. The guide placement and Concept. The NCS makes sense to me.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 05, 2019 12:23PM

If you want to use a KR concept then use the KR GPS, not the NGC GPS. They are not compatible. What’s the total length of your rod, and what is the distance from the butt to the front of the reel spool? With a 4000 size reel you will either use the KL25H, KL12H, and KL5.5M or KL20H, KL10H, and KL5.5M reduction guide train, followed by KB/KT runners in the size of your choice. Also let us know what kind of line you are planning on using.
Norm

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 05, 2019 12:46PM

KR GPS is in the left margin of the AnglersResource.com site, and gives reduction train dimension and sizing only. The running guides are located based on your static test of your particular blank. You select the size. I think there is still a good article on using KLH guides in the blog there.

Date: October 05, 2019 12:52PM

Norm, I totally figured out the KR Concept placement guide. Pretty straight forward. I was just toying around with Guide Placement Software as well. When I plugged in measurements and KL-H guides is where the confusion comes into play. But the Rod is 110" , reel at 15" and 15 -20 braid with a conventional setup.

Posted by: Bert Dluhy (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 05, 2019 04:13PM

Mark
KR GPS is what I'd use as a starting point for 15-20lb braid
but my experience is with spinning not conventional

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: October 05, 2019 05:58PM

No wonder for your confusion. The GPS used for a NGC layout will not give you a very good layout when using KR guides. As I mentioned before the two GPS programs at Anglers Resource are not compatible, and are used for two different guide concepts. For a KR concept layout only use the KR GPS, it will give you a very good starting point. I would use 10 total guides on that rod. If you need help with the layout let me know.
Norm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster