I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod stand to use for rod builds in progress
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 01, 2019 04:37PM

Over the years, I have made several different rod stands to use to hold a bunch of fishing rods, that are either being built, or to use as storage when traveling or other rod storage:

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Basically a piece of wood with a tight fitting hole for pieces of PVC pipe to fit. The pvc pipe size is selected, based on the size of the grips of the rods to be stored.

i.e. small pipes for rods with small diameter handles, and larger pipe sizes for rods with larger diameter grips.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod stand to use for rod builds in progress
Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: October 01, 2019 04:46PM

Roger, looks good to me..simply gets the job done..and doesn,t take up much space...

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 01, 2019 08:13PM

Ben,
If using them during a fishing trip, the pipes come out and the holder and its parts pack in a very small space.

When ice fishing where I want a half dozen rods handy, I use the same concept - except that the board is a 2x4 with the center hole being for a dowel that has a hole in the top end for a rope to easily carry the rods. By using the 2x4, the form factor is narrow which makes for easy storage in a cramped ice hut.

Date: October 01, 2019 09:02PM

good ideas Roger..Thanks for showing it..also, from what i read your going to have a very long ice fishing season this winter..stay warm..

Date: October 01, 2019 09:03PM

good ideas Roger..Thanks for showing it..also, from what i read your going to have a very long ice fishing season this winter..stay warm..

Posted by: David Sytsma (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: October 01, 2019 09:26PM

Bring on the ice! I'm ready already.

Date: October 01, 2019 09:53PM

David,i know how you feel..i miss those days..lol.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (71.147.59.---)
Date: October 02, 2019 03:39PM

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid. You have accomplished that even though you are far from being stupid. It is simple, effective, easy to make, very little cost and it looks very nice as well. I have learned to not expect anything less from you, Roger. GOOD JOB!!!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: October 03, 2019 07:32PM

Ice! Yesterday it was 90F here, today it never hit 60. I'm FMAO!

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: October 04, 2019 10:17AM

Snow in North Dakota today.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: October 04, 2019 10:18AM

Snow in North Dakota today.

+103 in Alabama today.

Date: October 05, 2019 04:28PM

the governor of montana declaired a state of emergency..they got over 4.5 feet of snow..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster