I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Bass Pros
Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: September 29, 2019 02:42PM

Just in case someone thinks bass pros don't earn their money look through these photos from this morning on Lake St. Clair: [www.bassmaster.com]

Re: Bass Pros
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2019 03:37PM

That's just an easy day on the ocean, or a prelude to running rapids in a drift boat, or jet sled.

Posted by: John Keough (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 29, 2019 04:21PM

If we get a strong wind out of the south on the Chesapeake bay it looks like that.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: September 29, 2019 05:27PM

Oh come on Lynn ..... standing and fishing on a boat's deck that is basically even with the top of the boat's gunwales while it is pitching and rolling up and down 2' or more, is an easy day/ LOL

All I can say is no thank you!!! Some of those picture were more than nuts.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 29, 2019 06:04PM

Yea, I guess it is a tough stint out there for 8 hrs without a head on the boat.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.clv.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 29, 2019 10:35PM

That's My Backyard Right Their!! The photos that open on your link, Are of the {Delta} @ the North end of the lake, The wooded shoreline is actually one of the many islands in the Delta. That is about the calmest area to fish in these winds. I'm Glad the BassHoles had a Sh***y week-end !!!!!!!! Serves them Right!! Locals here Don't Want Them Here At All. These so called Pro's have {Zero Respect} for Any Local Anglers, They will indeed move right in on you, If you and a buddy are casting a weed bed, And could care-less about pushing you out and off of it. They Really Think they Own the Lake!! They swamped a fellow and his 10 yro son 2 years ago, They were Buzzed within feet!! Yep that Close by 2 Tournament Bassholes during the Tournament, One port-side, one starboard side, At the same Time!! They came up from Behind them!!!!! The Bassholes clearly new what was done. And were Totally in the Wrong!!! But they never even turned back to look, To see that 2 people were in the Water!! INEXCUSABLE!!! The 2 fortunately were wearing their life Jackets and were Fortunately were rescued by a Sail-boater. The Bummer was The sailboat could not Give a Positive ID to the Sheriff on the 2 Bassholes because of the speed they were running at, And the fact they all look the same. It's a Sad Day in Sports when a fish weigh in! Is more Important then a Human Life.

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: September 29, 2019 11:40PM

Man , i could never get excited about bass fishing for some reason although i did plenty of it in my early years because that's what was inhabiting the locations i fished . Image # 36 is funny , i know it would drive me nuts having people following me around taking pics where ever you go so maybe that's why some of them have a habit of barging up on recreational fisherman without showing any courtesy i don't know but still not a good thing to do.

If i was a recreational fisherman minding my own business out there and i spotted Bassholes cruising up on me and getting in my space i certainly would not remain quite about it . I'm usually very docile and stay to myself but that kind of stuff is one thing that will push me over the edge.

Posted by: Ken Brown 2 (---.229.194.3.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: September 30, 2019 02:32PM

John..been on the Chesapeake in a strong southerly wind..snotty is an understatement especially Kipotepeak(?) down towards the bridge.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 30, 2019 05:22PM

Done that before.
Fished NC State championship 2015 during Hurricane Joaquin.
Half the field quit and went home after first day. The rest of us toughed it out.

[batsonenterprises.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2019 05:26PM by Steve Gardner.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: September 30, 2019 05:28PM

I didn't say they were smart or polite! My comment was in regard to the conditions. Then again If I lived on a lake, I wouldn't want them around either!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2019 05:48PM by Lynn Behler.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster