I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

My first rod build
Posted by: andrew luce (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: August 23, 2019 09:17PM

Hello all. My name is DrewBob and I am brand new to the wonderful world of making my own rod. I am almost done with my first rod and would love input before I finish it, and any helpful insights. Please be honest, but not too harsh. This is my first time. Just know that I tried to make a rod that I know will be beneficial to me for my fishing. It is also something I would consider for a means of income. Thanks ahead and “tight lines!” Also just realized, I don’t know how to attach pics. Am brand new here and looking for any help I can get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2019 09:20PM by andrew luce.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My first rod build
Posted by: Mark Talmo (71.147.59.---)
Date: August 23, 2019 10:02PM

andrew,
Welcome to the best rodbuilding website on the planet! Heed my caution though; rodbuilding can be habitually addictive! Follow as many topics with their replies as might pertain to your specific needs or desires to assist flattening you learning curve. There are many veteran builders on this site who graciously afford others new to the craft with their incredible insight and intuition.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Date: August 24, 2019 09:06PM

Thanks Mark. Is there a way to put pictures on here?

Posted by: Donald La Mar (---.lightspeed.lsvlky.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 24, 2019 09:13PM

Click on the "Photos" link above, log in, and upload away. Then just copy the link to your picture, copy it in your text here, and yoiu are done. Simple.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 24, 2019 09:23PM

Remember that the photo page is not part of this forum - you will have to register there (best to use the same registration you use here to cut down on what you have to remember when logging in to either).

Date: August 24, 2019 10:17PM

Thanks Tom. I will do that. I just want to show what I have done and get feedback from there. Much appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster