I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Who sells skeleten reel seats
Posted by: ron zimmerman (---.tcso.qwest.net)
Date: August 23, 2019 12:54PM

For fiberglass fly rods . I'm looking for a black skeletonized reel seat with a nice orange ish color insert aluminum or wood with an id of 0.55 or so . I'd rather not use a stint as it makes the rod about 4" longer and it wont fit the case I bought for it . I know I can cut it but I dont want to do that either . As always , TIA !

Re: Who sells skeleten reel seats
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: August 23, 2019 03:58PM

Both Pac Bay as well as Fuji sell skeletonized reel seat's through all of their distributors.

Here is a vendor who sells fly rod reel seats and inserts:

[www.cichlidrecipe.com]

[www.cichlidrecipe.com]

You might give the fellow a call and see if one of his fly rod inserts would work for your skeletal reel seat, and if not, could one of his standard inserts be modified for your requirement.

Take care

Date: August 23, 2019 04:02PM

Here is one of the sponsors on the left that sells stabilized wood of various kinds.

[reelseatblanks.com]

You could call them and ask if they could supply the appropriate wood, and hook you up with a person who could turn the wood to your needs.

Essentially any person who has a wood lathe with the appropriate accessories to go with the lathe could turn the wood to your needs and match any commercial skeletal reel seat.

Take care

Date: August 23, 2019 04:05PM

This fellow lives not too far from me and does wonderful work with his wood turning, including all sorts of handles as well as a myriad of other items.

[rodsandhandles.com]

You could give him a call and ask for his advice and help.

Take care

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 23, 2019 05:06PM

Almost any of the sponsors will have skeleton reel seat hardware available.

Date: August 23, 2019 06:44PM

I've been looking and haven't seen anything I like that will fit . Thx.

Date: August 23, 2019 08:18PM

Ron,
As I said, if a person has a lathe and has the accessories and knowledge in using it, it is a pretty easy job to turn wood into a great skeletal reel insert.

Find the right wood and give it to the hands of a good wood turner and you have your problem in hand.

Take care

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.broadband.sta.mhtc.net)
Date: August 24, 2019 10:57AM

Batson handles quite a few that would work, there are quite a few sponsors that handle them as well.

[alpsforecast.com]
[alpsforecast.com]
[alpsforecast.com]

Date: August 24, 2019 11:47AM

Thanks guys , I got one .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster