I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

T2 lrvsg6 as micro build stripper
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: August 18, 2019 12:15PM

Which rv is the correct one for a bait casting (bass) micro build. Is it the lrvsg6s or is it the trvsg or trvtg ? Thanks

Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: T2 lrvsg6 as micro build stripper
Posted by: Eric MONTACLAIR (---.w86-242.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: August 18, 2019 01:00PM

T-RVSG 6 or T-RVTG 6 same guide with different insert (Sic vs Torzite).
Excellent guide ;-)

Date: August 18, 2019 01:34PM

Ok, I only asked as I compared the height of a regular blnag 6 to the tlrvsg6 the difference was marginal. I thought the rv was supposed to be a taller guide (close to kw 10 in height).

Just slightly confused, thanks for the help.

Tom

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 18, 2019 02:28PM

The RV stripper you want for your bass casting rod Is either the T2RVSG6, or TRVSG6, or TRVTG6, they were designed to be used as a stripper for KR casting rods. The T2 designation stands for the black titanium frame which only comes with the slim Sic (S) ring. The T stands for the regular titanium frame which comes with the regular Sic(S) or Torzite (T) ring. The T(T2)LRVS(T)G guides are new, and as I understand the LRV size 6 was designed to be used as runners on an RVH based saltwater KR spinning rod, or as a runner on an LRV based casting rod. Hope this makes sense. I have not yet used the new LRV guides. But have used the RV 6 stripper guide. Hope this makes sense. Fuji nomenclature can be a little confusing until you figure it out.

Norm

Date: August 18, 2019 02:30PM

Thanks Norm, I appreciate the help

Date: August 18, 2019 02:46PM

Thomas, another thing I was made aware of by Jim Ising, is that the RV6 total height is not as important as the ring height from the blank. Both the RV6 and KW10 have the bottom of ring at approximately the same height above the blank. That is why they can be used interchangeably.

Norm

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.static.tie.cl)
Date: August 18, 2019 03:01PM

Save money and use the RVSG unless you are using dark colored runners. I usually use the RV stripper with KB and KT runner guides. RV 6, KB 5, KB 4s to the thin part of the blank then the rest KT 4s. This is pretty much a standard on my rods.. I know a few builders that will use all 5s for runners instead of the 4s.

Date: August 18, 2019 03:47PM

The T2 frame and the T frame with the slim Sic and the regular Sic ring, respectively, are basically the same price. The T2 frame and slim Sic are just slightly less expensive.. I do like the looks of the T2 frame. The Torzite rings increase the overall price by about 20%. T2RVSG6 = $9.65, TRVSG6 = $10.49, and TRVTG6 = $12.59.
Norm

Date: August 18, 2019 05:52PM

Ok after more comparisons I believe I was sent the wrong guide. I had ordered a single guide from two different sponsors a while back. They are labeled with the same numbers but are worlds apart. I believe the guide I ordered from Get Bit is correct, yet the one I got from Mudhole is a 6 I have never seen before. Just trying to shed light as to why I am so confused about these. I am not griping about mud hole, I should have checked the order more thoroughly when I got it a couple months back.

I appreciate all the help

One more question though, why did Fuji make the kw frames so much more heavy duty as compared to the LN series?

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dthn.centurylink.net)
Date: August 19, 2019 09:52AM

We have a new LKW series that is a mid-weight K-Series for casting rods. Much lighter frame!

Date: August 19, 2019 10:12PM

That’s good news, the KW are way to heavy for my style of builds.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: August 21, 2019 08:06AM

Ahhh ... so you were measuring the guides you had on hand. I was gonna say, the guide height chart on the Angler's Resource page shows an RV6 with a height of 12.9 mm and the BLNAG 6 with a height of 8.5 mm. That's a pretty substantial difference.

Date: August 21, 2019 12:02PM

David, yes it was the guides that I had on hand ( still in their labeled packages respectively) that were causing the confusion

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster