I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

MXN guides
Posted by: Tim Kipp (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: August 14, 2019 05:52AM

Anybody use the Alps mxn guides as spinning guides. Really like the blue rings. The frame braces seem to be a bit high though. Just looking for opinions. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2019 05:53AM by Tim Kipp.

Re: MXN guides
Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: August 14, 2019 04:09PM

Very new product i doubt there is much if any feedback on them , ALPS components are top notch and i have used them and am exceptionally pleased with them . For spinning i have rods with the VS3 frame design and tangle free IF guides , all fantastic . ALPS doesn't release garbage.

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.wavecable.com)
Date: August 14, 2019 06:06PM

The Alps MXN frames are the go-to double foot spin guide on all of our saltwater spin build suggestions. This would include heavy inshore, tuna poppers, etc. For medium or lighter spin builds check out the new Alps single foot IF and LF frames, or the long-time favorite VS or Y frames. The MXN with TC plated steel frame and blue zirc ring is a new offering, but the frame itself has been around quite a while. I hope this helps.

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Posted by: Grant Darby (---.172.121.68.nwinternet.com)
Date: August 15, 2019 12:48PM

I've used them on some heavy duty saltwater spinners. Very nice guides that work well. Don't think they would be the right guide for anything light. If it's a heavy spinner, think about reversing the stripper, or butt guide. Single foot toward the reel seat. Looks strange, but it works.

Posted by: Tim Kipp (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: August 15, 2019 04:36PM

Thanks Herb, Geoff, Grant. Rod I'm getting together is going to be for big river flatheads. Doing some sort of patriotic theme, and those guide rings really caught my eye. Since this will be fished from a holder and not continuous casting, weight is not a priority. Wanted double feet for decorative purposes. Again, thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster