I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

North Fork LMX
Posted by: Denis Tessmann (---.abhsia.telus.net)
Date: July 27, 2019 04:40PM

Hey guys, I have never built or owned a high end fly rod although I do lots of fly fishing. I see North Fork has a really good sale on and am thinking about the LMX blank in a 9`5wt. I love to cast for distance but most of my fishing is with an indicator. I am also looking a the HMX Native series, same designation. Any comments. I own a 6wt quickline and a few different HMX rods. Thanks guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North Fork LMX
Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: July 27, 2019 07:40PM

Have you dun a search on this web site on the blanks by North Fork blank makers an the service you get from them ??
PS the blanks are great I think ,

William Sidney
AK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2019 08:22PM by Bill Sidney.

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: July 27, 2019 09:55PM

I don't think there has been any discussions on the NFC LMX version blanks whether fly or otherwise , the discussions have mostly regarded the NFC X RAY series of blanks and the NFC Delta series of blanks and of course comparisons between the HM, IM SM etc...

When you say the " Native " series you probably mean the Mudhole MHX line of blanks because HMX is a Fenwick thing. I would recommend you do a search with the above " Search " option because this site has archives going back a long way .

Posted by: Denis Tessmann (---.abhsia.telus.net)
Date: July 28, 2019 06:29AM

herb canter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think there has been any discussions on
> the NFC LMX version blanks whether fly or
> otherwise , the discussions have mostly regarded
> the NFC X RAY series of blanks and the NFC Delta
> series of blanks and of course comparisons between
> the HM, IM SM etc...
>
>
> When you say the " Native " series you probably
> mean the Mudhole MHX line of blanks because HMX is
> a Fenwick thing. I would recommend you do a
> search with the above " Search " option because
> this site has archives going back a long way .

I`m somewhat dyslexic, yes I was refering to the MHX blank, sorry about that. I have searched this site and Googled every which way trying to get info on these two blanks and have drawn a blank for info.

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: July 28, 2019 10:58AM

Lots of people confuse Mudhole's MHX line with HMX no apologies necessary it's an honest oversight . Unfortunately you're correct, i have found the same thing you have when seeking out more information on NFC's LMX designated blanks , user experiences which would give potential buyers a little more familiarity is just not available at this point .

Sorry for the bad news .

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 28, 2019 12:05PM

I bought the NFC 905-5F, it a very nice blank for $95 but had to wait over 3 months to get it. The best high end fly rod blanks I have used are the CTS blanks, but they cost much more. The MHX native are also very nice as well as the Rainshadow Eternity. If you get the NFC fly rod just be prepared to wait, but is very nice and the price is right.
Norm

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.static.tie.cl)
Date: July 30, 2019 10:39PM

You would have to wait for the NFC and if you break the tip after you built it you will not have a usable rod for at least 6 months because their customer service is almost non-existant. The MHX is a great choice and a really nice blank at a reasonable price. They actually have customer service.

Posted by: Joe Bovee (---.sub-174-230-11.myvzw.com)
Date: August 02, 2019 01:56AM

I recently had a customer who broke a nfc (IM) and I called nfc and no one picked up but they called me back within 5 min and had a shipping label emailed to me in 15 minutes. I sent it out on July 10th from Michigan and they received on July 16th in Washington. They replaced it free of charge and shipped it out to me July 30th and my tracking number says it will arrive at my place August 3. That is not too bad of a turn around. This was also the first nfc that Has broke on any of my customers and I like all of the nfc rods that I have built.

I have many LMX’s on hand but they have different models like lmx lambda (HM), the lmx PSI (IM), and the lmx Gamma (SM).
If you are on NFC website click there NFC MATERIALS tab and it will explain each of these.

Best of luck
Joe

Ps the lmx Lambda’s are excellent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster