I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Bushido Or MHX Elite
Posted by: Glenn McMurrian (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: July 21, 2019 10:32PM

Has anyone used the Bushido Popping/Crank Bait Rod Blank CB72/12-25 and how did you like them or are the MHX Elite blanks a better choice for a crank bait rod and it will be used in river current.

Casting 14 lb to 20 lb

1/4 oz to 1/2 oz Spinner baits.

1/4 med and some deep running Cranks Baits.

7 ft to 7’2 ft length

Glenn McMurrian

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2019 01:41AM by Glenn McMurrian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bushido Or MHX Elite
Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: July 22, 2019 08:23AM

Bushido... some of the toughest and best feeling blanks on the market today... and will not break the bank

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2019 08:24AM by Don @ American Tackle.

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 22, 2019 08:27AM

Hello Glenn - If you are wanting a rod for crankbaits or spinnerbaits, you may want to take a look at the MHX Crankbait Series instead of the MHX Elite Series. Here is a link to the MHX Cranking Rod Blanks - [www.mudhole.com] - Thank You

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Posted by: Cory Leiman (207.195.86.---)
Date: July 22, 2019 02:08PM

Hello Glenn. I use the Bushido line of blanks pretty much exclusively. I mainly build walleye and Northern Pike Rods in casting and spinning. Don’t be afraid to try the Bushido line of blanks. Myself and my customers really like them. Hope it helps.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 22, 2019 04:33PM

while I don't use either of those lines of blanks.
If Bob McKamey suggest what would be the best blanks in those applications

I would listen!

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: July 22, 2019 06:12PM

I agree with Steve!!! IMO both Bob and Steve have an extensive knowledge base and one should take heed to the advice they offer. Pay VERY close attention to what they say, you will not be disappointed. Both have helped me for over a decade now and not once have I been ill advised

Posted by: Patrick Engerran (---.dhcp.slid.la.charter.com)
Date: July 22, 2019 10:54PM

Both come from great companies that stand behind there blanks. I have 2 CB72/10-20 and one CB72/8-15. The 10-20 I use for vibrating jigs and 2.5 size cranks but it does throw 1.5 good also. The 8-15 i think would fit a 1/4 spinnerbait, bandit 100 or 200 and 1.5 nicely.

Posted by: Robert Ford (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2019 11:41PM

I have a bushido and absolutely love that blank.

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.hampton.k12.va.us)
Date: July 23, 2019 07:51AM

I love the Bushido CB72 line of blanks. Great action and sensitivity! After fishing all day with them on the flats, some of my charter customers ask me to build them "a rod like I used today". Can't go wrong with the Bushido.

Capt. Craig Freeman
Grading Scales Sportfishing and Back River Rods

Posted by: Richard Bowers (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: July 23, 2019 10:26AM

I have built many rods on various Bushido blanks and IMO, you can't go wrong with them. Their quality is far superior to any other blank at a similar price point, and even better than many at much higher price points. I would not hesitate to use a Bushido blank, or any of the AT family of blanks for that matter... Excellent quality and price, a winning combination!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster