I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pac Bay Quickline
Posted by: Scott Giaquinto (---.buffalo.res.rr.com)
Date: July 19, 2019 09:56AM

Has anyone heard whether or not Pac Bay is discontinuing the Quickline series of Fly Blanks? Or for that matter, the series in general?. I was on a Fly rod building facebook page the other day and someone commented that Pac Bay was discontinuing the Quickline blanks. That, and my go-to blank supplier (H&H) does not and can not get the 8wt that I ordered back in February, and now no longer has the 8wt listing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pac Bay Quickline
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: July 19, 2019 11:47AM

I don't know, and am sorry if it's true. Well performing, beautiful blanks at a good price. BUT, if PAC BAY is like most suppliers, they will have something better coming soon.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: July 19, 2019 03:59PM

I don't know if it means anything, and it just may, but I just pulled up Utmost's web site, and they no longer list Quckline blanks of any kind. It may be yet another awesome blank that has fallen by the wayside.

First Eternity, now perhaps Quickline ...... what a shame

Posted by: Drew Pollock (---.201-34-174.ftth.swbr.surewest.net)
Date: July 19, 2019 05:14PM

Interesting. I used 2 of them when they first came out, and one of them is still in use by a good friend. They built into good rods at a very competitive price. The gloss black finish was nice. I wonder if an updated but similar product is on the way?

Drew

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 20, 2019 11:29PM

Why not ask PacBay?

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.tc.ph.cox.net)
Date: July 25, 2019 08:36PM

If the statement relayed to me today by the COO of PacBay that called me this afternoon,and was brought up in our conversation that the Quickline are be phased out is acceptable, then I guess they will be gone

Posted by: Scott Giaquinto (---.dhs.gov)
Date: August 02, 2019 03:25AM

Ron Weber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the statement relayed to me today by the COO of
> PacBay that called me this afternoon,and was
> brought up in our conversation that the Quickline
> are be phased out is acceptable, then I guess they
> will be gone

Dis they say anything about a replacement?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster