I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Microwave guide system
Posted by: James Clark (---.mobile.uscc.net)
Date: July 06, 2019 09:01PM

I am getting ready to build my first spinning rod. I have seen several posts here about the Fuji kr concept guide train, has anyone tried the microwave guide train? Just curious and exploring all possibilities here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Microwave guide system
Posted by: Jeffrey D Rennert (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 06, 2019 09:54PM

I've used them on spinning and casting, and it is a superior method. I do have limited experience, but I use the rods I've built and the results are fantastic.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 06, 2019 09:57PM

James
If you click on the "search" button above
type in the Word "Microwave"
leave "authors" box blank
click on bottom box where it says "last 30 days", click "all dates"
hit search .
you will find a wealth of info to study

Date: July 06, 2019 10:07PM

Thank you Steve. Still learning the ropes here

Posted by: Jonathan Hotham (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: July 07, 2019 06:43AM

James, the microwave guide system is an excellent choice. In my experience I see very similar results between a properly layed out KF concept and Microwave guide train. The big difference with microwaves for the new builder, is that there is no guess work. I highly recommend you give them a shot. I use alot of the Airwave guides, super light and no issues with the lack of traditional rings to report. They hold up well and very low cost for the first time builder.

Date: July 07, 2019 05:43PM

Thank you guys for your input. I took a closer look at my factory built spinning rods and have decided to try the Fuji kr concept. I have a 6'6" medium fast lews from Walmart that resembles the kr concept that really out performs a halo daylight series 7' medium fast with cone of flight guide setup.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: July 07, 2019 07:40PM

There's really no guess work with the KR concept either. Go to the Angler's Resource page, click on the KR GPS link, but in the pertinent information and it spits out the size guides and the distances at which they are placed from each other. Running guides just like any other set up, are placed using static load. It couldn't be more simple. I use fluorocarbon as the main line on my spinning gear and the system performs outstandingly ....... I couldn't imagine how well it would work with a more supple line. My guess is that it would be insanely good.

Date: July 08, 2019 12:14AM

I have 8 lb mono on my lews and it casts Texas rig plastic worm with 1/8 oz weight and 7.5" worm better than any of my factory baitcaster setups will. Now that I am learning more about the kr concept I am anxious to try some light braid on the lews. I havent put braid on a spinning rod in years due to wind knots in the past

Posted by: Mark Hahn (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: July 11, 2019 08:36AM

Both are great.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: July 14, 2019 08:50PM

Both are great.

Date: July 19, 2019 09:54PM

I have decided to re-tie 2 factory spinning rods to start. I am doing one in microwave and the other with the kr concept. Unfortunately I have to wait some more as my microwave set came in with a damaged running guide and I dont have any extras built up yet.

Posted by: Jonathan Hotham (---.sub-174-230-8.myvzw.com)
Date: July 23, 2019 12:29PM

James Clark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have decided to re-tie 2 factory spinning rods
> to start. I am doing one in microwave and the
> other with the kr concept. Unfortunately I have to
> wait some more as my microwave set came in with a
> damaged running guide and I dont have any extras
> built up yet.

Great choice James. I have done the same thing and learning for yourself is priceless.

Posted by: Mike Lawson (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: July 23, 2019 05:02PM

If I remember correctly the set comes with 9 runners for a total of 11. That should be an extra or two for a 7' bass rod

Date: July 23, 2019 09:27PM

Mudhole shipped a replacement yesterday and will probably be the weekend before I get to do anything with the rod so I will just have some extras.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster