I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New 2020 Batson Enterprises Products are Here!
Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: July 01, 2019 02:53PM

It's that time of year again when we release our new products for the upcoming tackle year... and here they are!

Our Jaguar Design team works around the clock with our sales team and Team RainShadow members to develop the latest products. It takes a team of engineers and anglers to come up with these products every year and they consistently produce the best.

So enough of that... let's get to the new 2020 Supplemental Catalog: http:www.batsonenterprises.com/online-catalog

New RainShadow Rod Blanks:
Testament Made In USA Bass Blanks - A brand-new line of high-performance bass rod blanks that are made in USA at a more affordable price point.
New Testament Casting - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]
New Testament Spinning - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]
New Testament Crankbait Models - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

Revelation Slow Jig - Slow jig finesse saltwater fishing is becoming popular in the U.S. and we're here to fulfill that need. - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

Revelation Square Bill - Two new additions specific to square bill lures: REVC69MMF-SB & REVC73MHMF-SB - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

Revelation Crankbait - A new ML Crankbait model: REVCB70ML-SB - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

E-Glass RSU Stand-Up - New line of saltwater stand-up rod blanks. A stout backbone with a fast action. - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

RX6 / E-Glass - RCJB and RCTB in 7'6" lengths. These were introduced at Fred Hall in the spring to much fanfare and are now a stocking item.
New RCJB - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]
New RCTB - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

Eternity2 12wt. Fly Bank - Designed for larger saltwater species. Perfect for tarpon, large permit and more. - [www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]

New ALPS / ForeCast Rod Components:
ALPS MVT - We have three new smaller IDs for the popular casting seat. - [alpsforecast.com]

ALPS Rapid Hoods - New foregrip hoods for the size 16 Rapid spin seats. - [alpsforecast.com]

Musky Split Grips - Available now in Cork and EVA. - [alpsforecast.com] - [alpsforecast.com]

Winn Grips - We took our five most popular models and "blacked-out" the gray swoosh. - [alpsforecast.com]

BattleLon - Larger bore available on five different EPDM grips. - [alpsforecast.com]

Carbon Fiber Grips - New Shapes as well as new Color Carbon / Glass grips available. - [alpsforecast.com] - [alpsforecast.com]

ALPS Titanium HXN - You know about these already and they're in stock! - [alpsforecast.com]

ALPS MXN Lowriders - We designed a new lowrider set of MXN and F-Guide trains to keep the line closer to the blank. - [alpsforecast.com]

ALPS PMK-Mini Guides - Now available with gold, blue and chameleon rings and titanium colored frames. - [alpsforecast.com]

ALPS Deep Pressed Tip Top - We incorporated the flanged design which adds a wider glued surface. - [alpsforecast.com]

ALPS Swivel Roller Tip Top - In stock and ready for any saltwater trolling rod class. - [alpsforecast.com]

XXL & XXXL Dream Reamers - A great addition to our ever popular Dream Reamers. For use on extra heavy saltwater grips. - [alpsforecast.com]

ALPS Tip Top Gauges - Aluminum gauge to permanently replace the plastic versions on the market. - [alpsforecast.com]

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New 2020 Batson Enterprises Products are Here!
Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: July 01, 2019 05:24PM

Not much info on the page for the new line of Testament blanks. Interestingly they are more or less the same weight as the same spec blank in the Immortal line up. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but .........

James, I'm assuming you've handled some of the Testament blanks, can you give your impressions on how they compare to the Immortal? Even if they are the pretty much the same as an Immortal minus the paint, I'd be pretty happy with that. I love the Immortals I've built on, but lately I have been thinking that it would be nice to have an Immortal with a natural finish. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the color of the Immortal, but for me a natural finish opens up a lot more possibilities as far as thread colors go.

One last question ... any idea when Utmost will have them on their website and what kind of pricing we're looking at?

Date: July 01, 2019 06:12PM

David,

I personally haven't fished the Testament yet (I don't fish for bass too often), I'll go have someone else come on board and answer that part of your question.

So the Testament will be priced very similar to Immortal. This was an opportunity for us to put out a Made in USA RainShadow blank at a more affordable price while still have great performance. It is currently in production and should be available in September.
Not sure when Utmost will put it up, they're related to the Batson's but totally separate company that's down the street (I don't work on their website).

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Date: July 01, 2019 06:24PM

David, this is from our head designer Mike Thorson (who lives and breathes Bass fishing), "While the rod weight is similar, the Testament has a better balance point than the Immortal. They will feel lighter in the tip weight wise. Also power wise these will feel; a bit lighter powered than the Immortal (much like the Eternity blanks are). Sensitivity will be very close between the two.".

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: July 01, 2019 08:45PM

Sounds goon on the testaments. When will the rest of the products be available?

Date: July 02, 2019 10:56AM

Thomas Kaufmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds goon on the testaments. When will the rest
> of the products be available?

The Titanium HXN’s are already in, as well as the ALPS Roller Swivel Tip Tops. The new RCJB’s and RCTB’s are in stock as well.

Looks like the new Revelation Square Bill’s should be later this month. Same with the smaller MVT reel seats and the larger Rapid (w/ texalium inserts)

Musky EVA grips are in stock now and the Cork version should be later this month.

The rest should be coming in September with some around the new year.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: July 02, 2019 12:44PM

Ok thank you. I am after the sb blanks,colored micros, and bigger dream reamers.

Date: July 02, 2019 01:27PM

Thomas Kaufmann Wrote:
> Ok thank you. I am after the sb blanks,colored
> micros, and bigger dream reamers.

The PMK-Mini Guides are scheduled for August and the larger reamers are scheduled for September (assuming everything goes right of course).

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: July 02, 2019 07:29PM

James, thank you very much for the reply, I truly appreciate it.

Lighter in the tip is good, and very close in sensitivity isn't a bad thing either. I find the Immortals I've built on to be very sensitive. I'm kind of a power hog, so a little less powerful than the Immortals ...... ehhh lol I just glued up the rear grip and reel seat on an Eternity ETES 610MXF blank that I am building. Wonderful blank, and your company took extremely good care of me on a concern I had on a blank I received from one of your suppliers (not Utmost) I want to thank you and the folks in the warranty department at Batson for that. Top notch treatment to be sure.

I love me some Rainshadow blanks !!!

Thanks again sir .....

Posted by: Bill Falconer (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date: July 02, 2019 07:38PM

Really excited to see some Slow Pitch Blanks! Mine are already on order.

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.clv.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 02, 2019 09:43PM

So what Changed?? other then Cheaper materials it appears? I don't see anything News worthy. You can Scrap the paint for sure on the Immortal line-up as others have said!! I'm tired of taking it off for my customers. If I wanted paint I would order a blank from Rod-Geeks. Or airbrush one myself in a Custom Color! that my customer wants. What about walleye guys, I hear over and over again when they look at your Catalog Line-Up of Rods, Why no Fast action?? How about giving us a somthing like this?? TESS610MLF- S-Sanded Swirl 6'10 1pc 4-10lb. {3/16-1/2oz} 0.500 4.5 {F} ML {Why always XF action}. Did you forget many walleye guys prefer a Fast action for casting Rapala's, Day and Night????? That needs to be Fixed!!

Date: July 03, 2019 11:03AM

David Baylor Wrote:
> James, thank you very much for the reply, I truly
> appreciate it.
>
> Lighter in the tip is good, and very close in
> sensitivity isn't a bad thing either. I find the
> Immortals I've built on to be very sensitive. I'm
> kind of a power hog, so a little less powerful
> than the Immortals ...... ehhh lol I just glued
> up the rear grip and reel seat on an Eternity ETES
> 610MXF blank that I am building. Wonderful blank,
> and your company took extremely good care of me on
> a concern I had on a blank I received from one of
> your suppliers (not Utmost) I want to thank you
> and the folks in the warranty department at Batson
> for that. Top notch treatment to be sure.
>
> I love me some Rainshadow blanks !!!
>
>
> Thanks again sir .....

Good to hear, we definitely take pride in our customer service from the top of the company on down.
Eternity is a great blank, that's something that we won't ever say otherwise.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises

Date: July 03, 2019 11:05AM

Bill Falconer Wrote:
> Really excited to see some Slow Pitch Blanks!
> Mine are already on order.

Nice! It's definitely different and new'ish style of fishing in the states. It's a nice looking blank as well.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises

Date: July 03, 2019 11:36AM

Jay Dubay Wrote:
> So what Changed?? other then Cheaper materials it
> appears? I don't see anything News worthy. You can
> Scrap the paint for sure on the Immortal line-up
> as others have said!! I'm tired of taking it off
> for my customers. If I wanted paint I would order
> a blank from Rod-Geeks. Or airbrush one myself in
> a Custom Color! that my customer wants. What
> about walleye guys, I hear over and over again
> when they look at your Catalog Line-Up of Rods,
> Why no Fast action?? How about giving us a
> somthing like this?? TESS610MLF- S-Sanded
> Swirl 6'10 1pc 4-10lb.
> {3/16-1/2oz} 0.500 4.5 {F} ML {Why always XF
> action}. Did you forget many walleye guys prefer
> a Fast action for casting Rapala's, Day and
> Night????? That needs to be Fixed!!

It's not a change it's a totally new line of rod blanks, it's never been an Eternity replacement it was in the works long before Eternity ended. It's a new more affordable Made in USA high modulus line of blanks, nothing cheap about the materials. Higher Modulus doesn't always mean it's a better blank, it's about the design for the intended purpose. Sometimes you need lower modulus materials for more backbone or durability. Any company can put a super high modulus material in a blank, that's easy, but if the blank isn't designed or manufactured right, it doesn't magically make it a better blank.

Paint is personal preference, the industry on the majority paints blanks - it's a branding thing, if every company did raw blanks then they would all look the same. Paint does offer a certain level of protection to a blank as well, not huge but it's still there.

There's models in the new Testament that will work great for Walleye TESS62MXF-SS & TESS610MLXF-SS. We have lots of other Walleye models in Immortal, Revelation and even our RDR series works great.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises

Posted by: Matt Hehn (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: July 04, 2019 09:49PM

I was wondering when the new carbon grip shapes will be available?

Thank you,

Matt Hehn

Date: July 05, 2019 10:40AM

Matt Hehn Wrote:
> I was wondering when the new carbon grip shapes
> will be available?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Matt Hehn

August for the Carbon Fiber grips and the color versions should be in as well.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster