I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ellis Mendiola
Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.bbtec.net)
Date: June 23, 2019 09:18AM

For some of the old timers that have been on here awhile, saw a pic of Ellis and I today so I went to look up how Ellis was doing. We used to chat quite a bit and he guided me in my boat on Galveston Bay in 2005. Was sad to find he actually passed away in Nov 2015, just a bit over a month after his last post on this forum.

It's been a long time so those that knew him may already know - I didn't. He was a kind person who didn't seem to have a negative thing to say about anyone and made dozens and dozens of posts on here, so thought others may want to know as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ellis Mendiola
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.lightspeed.nworla.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 23, 2019 12:10PM

Every year at a show I exhibited at in Houston Ellis would call me to make sure I was going to be there and He’d always stop by my booth to pick up supplies to build one or two rods and shoot the breeze.

Posted by: Phil Richmond (205.56.181.---)
Date: June 23, 2019 09:31PM

Yep, he used to talk about and refer folks to Swampland quite a bit.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: June 23, 2019 11:33PM

Lance, I miss seeing both of you post along with that of Bill Stevens as well. He is greatly missed, I think very fondly of him each time I use my Castaway 874 of which he crafted a custom decal for. He was also kind enough to send a complimentary Castaway blank for a rod that I built for my commands Christmas party. I still stay in contact with the individual who won that rod and they rave about it to this day and it was a decade ago it came into their possession.

Take care. Hope all is well with you and Rachel. If you still do the gatherings in the swamp I would love to attend.

Tom Kaufmann

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.lightspeed.nworla.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 24, 2019 01:41PM

Thomas I’m still around but mostly deal with walk in customers and phone. Rachael and I are now divorced.
Moving into a retail store in the coming month.
It’s good hearing from you again. Give me a call anytime you want to catch up on the “old” days.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: June 24, 2019 05:11PM

Very sorry to hear of the divorce . Never fun , I am on marriage #3 but finally found the right one. I will certainly hit ya up here in the next couple days!! I wish you nothing but the best with the new store

Tom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster