I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
North Fork warranty
Posted by: Jim Chancy (---.dhcp.leds.al.charter.com)
Date: June 17, 2019 12:31AM

My fairly new MB 736 X-ray turned into a grenade when I set the hook on a 2 1/2 lb bass a few weeks ago. When it broke, it was so loud that my partner thought I shot my pistol. It broke right in the middle of the rod. Rod was in perfect condition and had only been fished once or twice.

It stinks, but the bigger problem now seems to be trying to get in touch with NFC to discuss warranty options. Have called no less than 10 times, left 4+ VM’s spaced days apart, and sent multiple emails explaining my issue and asking information about warranty options. I also included my order information in the emails. I know they have a small office staff, and sometimes get backed up, but almost two weeks seems like plenty of time for even the busiest of businesses to return an email. This is really starting to shift my perspective on any future purchases.

Has anyone had success with a NFC warranty request recently? Any recommendations?

Also, is this a random occurrence or has anyone else had a similar X-ray grenade go off? Hope it’s just a case of bad luck because it seemed like a good stick, especially for the price.

Thanks,

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North Fork warranty
Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: June 17, 2019 01:33AM

They are very poor at returning E mails, or phone calls, good luck , they are just not very customer orientated , as I see it , good luck

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 17, 2019 11:44AM

Over a year ago a friend broke a NFC MB705HM rod I built for him the first time he used it. It took multiple E-mails and phone calls but they finally responded, and replaced the blank free of charge. It took over 4 months to finally get the blank. It was a long wait!
Norm

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: June 17, 2019 12:34PM

Try Facebook messenger. Had my best luck with that route

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 17, 2019 01:29PM

Try any other blank maker. This company is continually getting bad customer support reviews while I keep reading positive reviews of Mudhole, Amtak, Rainshadow. My personal experience with Point Blank is limited to getting product info, but they are easy to reach and responsive to my requests.

Posted by: Denham Bruce (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: June 17, 2019 02:22PM

They have the worst customer service I've ever seen. Their voicemail is full at the moment likely from all the customers who have called to leave complains about their crummy service. I literally just got done sending them a lengthy email looking for an update on my latest order because I can't get them to answer my phone calls... Really a shame that a company with such a quality product can do such a bad job scaring people away who want to pay good money for it!

Date: June 17, 2019 06:27PM

Michael hit the nail on the head. Phenix blanks are still above even the X-ray. Batson still has the Eternity for a while till they run out and release the new series in July. You have RodGeeks offering their top end scv’s from Croix ( their customer service is beyond reproach. I had an issue today that they helped me out with). Lamiglass is doing some good things and don’t forget point blank or CTS. Lots of other options out there who respect you as a customer and care about more than just grabbing your money and delivering product when it’s convenient for them

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: June 18, 2019 12:01AM

If you used PayPal, do a dispute and you will get a response back from NFC within 24 hours. I settled for a partial refund for my x Ray that has blemishes.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 18, 2019 11:19AM

I was going to order a high end NFC blank but after my last unbelievable experience and now hearing this I don't think its worth the headache. Thinking of ordering a St Croix SC5 from Rodgeeks, can't get much better than that legendary blank from a company that stands behind their products.

Tom

Posted by: Jim Chancy (---.static.leds.al.charter.com)
Date: June 18, 2019 12:05PM

Yeah, it's not worth the hassle or my time. I would rather pay more and not have to deal with any similar situations in the future. It's just hard to imagine a company conducting business this way.

Posted by: Robert Ford (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 18, 2019 08:08PM

Jim Chancy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, it's not worth the hassle or my time. I
> would rather pay more and not have to deal with
> any similar situations in the future. It's just
> hard to imagine a company conducting business this
> way.

I don't see how they can continue much longer. Unfortunately as I love their products.

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: June 18, 2019 09:34PM

When Tom said no more threads about NFC's service issues i think he meant " The piling on part " we all get it no need to continue with the never ending complaints it doesn't get us anywhere .

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: June 18, 2019 09:48PM

Who alerted the Gestapo?

Date: June 18, 2019 10:16PM

So are we to turn a blind eye to the obvious? I can understand why he doesn’t want all the negativity and that is why I offered up suggestions for other options. But in all honesty we can all agree there is definitely a problem. This site is to aid and help each other and I believe we represent very well. It is my personal opinion they do not perform to the level of our other fine sponsors. Tom says people generally point out the bad when they feel wronged and I certainly agree as I have been in that camp myself, but I have seen a great many posts of people acknowledging great customer service as well and through the years I too have done that as well.

I am not trying to ruffle feathers just sharing my .02 .

Thanks for listening
Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2019 10:26PM by Thomas Kaufmann.

Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: June 19, 2019 07:57AM

you can,t change NF,s behavior, only your own..

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 19, 2019 12:57PM

Someone stating a complaint is one thing, adding numerous other old complaints and issues, is piling on, which serves little purpose.

By now the site regulars are very aware of the NFC service issues, one deals with them as they see fit.

It is too bad that G. Loomis no longer oversees their operation.

Posted by: Brian Kulczak (---.sub-174-221-9.myvzw.com)
Date: June 19, 2019 01:14PM

Pay via PayPal and file a dispute. They responded in a day or two after months of emails and calls and no response.

Posted by: Anthony Holstein (---.dsl.bcvloh.ameritech.net)
Date: June 19, 2019 01:18PM

Brian Kulczak Wrote:
> Pay via PayPal and file a dispute. They responded
> in a day or two after months of emails and calls
> and no response.

Just so no one gets stuck in the same situation as I did. You can not file a dispute through paypal after 180 days has elapsed. Now I'm stuck trying to chase them down and actually get a response.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 19, 2019 02:08PM

Try contacting the CEO Alex Maslov directly at Alex.maslov@northforkcomposites.com
Hope this works. Good luck!
Norm

Posted by: Anthony Holstein (---.dsl.bcvloh.ameritech.net)
Date: June 19, 2019 03:44PM

Norman Miller Wrote:
> Try contacting the CEO Alex Maslov directly at
> Alex.maslov@northforkcomposites.com
> Hope this works. Good luck!
> Norm

I'll give it a shot. Thank you Norman

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster