I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Guide advice
Posted by: Brandon Smith (---.midco.net)
Date: June 09, 2019 07:43PM

Hey All,
I have been ordering AirWave Slim Ring Line Control System spinning set from Mudhole. They seem like a guide guide for the price but they are unavailable right now and they say they dont know when they will be getting a shipment in. So Im wondering what are other good brands of guides for an affordable price, both for spinning and casting. The rods I build are all used in freshwater and usually used for walleye fishing. Thanks for your help

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guide advice
Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: June 09, 2019 07:57PM

Have you checked with all the other sponsors on the left side of the page ?

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: June 09, 2019 09:28PM

Well , if you can't find them many love the Pacific Bay Minima guides for light freshwater setups , they offer high frame guides similar to Fuji's KR concept guides .

[www.mudhole.com]

[www.mudhole.com]

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 09, 2019 11:18PM

Fuji's Fazlite line of guides is very affordable, good looking, and offers fine performance. Plenty of options.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: June 10, 2019 09:28AM

Check out the other MicroWave sets... the duralite set is still very affordable.

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 10, 2019 12:22PM

If you like the Airwaves, you’ll love the the PaxBay Minima guides. For spinning rods the Minima match (M) and fly (F) guides are set up exactly the same way as the Fuji KR spinning guides. For the reduction train the M guides are grouped very similar to the KL-H guides, for example, 16M stripper with 8M, and 5M reduction guides; or 20M stripper, with 10M, and 5 M (or 6M); or 25M with 12M and 6M. The reduction train is followed by F guide runners in either size 5 or 4w. For most freshwater use the 16M or 25M based reduction trains. I have started to use the PacBay FXT zirconium micro rod top to prevent any grooving in the tip top. They weigh the same as the Minima top. The major advantage of the Minima guide setup is their lightness, the entire set will weigh less than a single 25 SV ceramic ringed stripper.. CRB has recently introduced their new SSR guides which are very similar to the Minima guides, but I have not used them.
For casting rods I will use the Minima T guides in size 10 and 6 followed by MinimaF guides in size 5 or 4w. They also work very well and are also very light.
If you want to use guides with ceramic inserts the Fuji KR guides are my favorites, with the Fazlite ring being a very good bang for the buck.
Norm

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: June 10, 2019 06:01PM

Check with Schneider's

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster