I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need Advice
Posted by: Rob Laskowski (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 07, 2019 06:13PM

Well I’ve had better days , I took advantage of NFC composite sale earlier this year, I bought
Three x-ray 732 after a lengthy wait my blanks arrived and they weren’t the 7’3” lengths as advertised
They were 3 1/2 inches short and when I put my magnifying loops on to get a better look all three
Blanks had splits in the graphite about two or three inches down from the tip .
I send voice mail and Emails it took three weeks for them to get back to me , they had me send
Them back and that they would replace the blemish blank for me ..........
Well the Fed X just arrived and to my surprise...... they sent the same damaged blanks...
Any suggestions........ I’m lost .......

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need Advice
Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: June 07, 2019 07:02PM

Incomprehensible is the only word to describe this . I think the only thing you can do is continue to do what you have been doing because it's been made very very clear on these boards that there is no way to consistently make contact with them . There are many threads asking about how to contact them and rectify certain issues and unfortunately the mystery continues it seems to be a case of luck.

I wish i had better news but at this point i don't , maybe someone else has a solution. Tom has made it clear though that he doesn't want people to pile on with their experiences because it doesn't get us anywhere , hopefully NFC being a sponsor will enlighten those that have questions & concerns.

Posted by: Drew Pollock (---.201-34-174.ftth.swbr.surewest.net)
Date: June 07, 2019 09:39PM

Send back and ask for a refund. Dispute the credit card charges. That's ridiculous.

This seems like a company on the way out.

Drew

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 08, 2019 12:11PM

It is so disappointing to hear Gary Loomis has let any rod building company tied to his name slip to such low standards!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: June 08, 2019 01:07PM

I wonder why we still have them as a sponsor? Especially since Tom is aware of how crummy their customer service is.

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: June 08, 2019 01:19PM

what you should do !!! cut your loss an get good blank's, all l supplier's on the left will get you good blanks , my 2 CTS

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 08, 2019 01:24PM

I get more positive comments about NFC than negative. I am not aware that they have swindled anyone out of money.

The answer is simple - contact NFC and tell them what happened. From there you will either get new, sound blanks, or you have the option to get a refund or dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: June 08, 2019 04:06PM

"The answer is simple - contact NFC and tell them what happened"

If it was that simple everything would be great but thats actually the hardest part , having them respond to customer inquires and messages but there's no other option so you just got to keep trying .

Date: June 08, 2019 05:24PM

Love their products, hate how you get treated. Communication is lousy, shipping is worse...... yeah I know change blanks. Thankfully there is Batson!

Posted by: Rob Laskowski (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: June 08, 2019 05:44PM

Love some of their stuff too , I’ve only started building rods since late winter.
I started so I could build around two blanks the x-Ray 721 and the 732 , I have used Loomis upper end
Rods for years and have always felt that their rods where a little on the stiff side , I know the extra fast tips
Tend to be that way . The two blanks that I’ve used are awesome for my applications of fishing for small mouth
And large mouth in our lakes and for walleyes in our rivers here in Michigan, I would Buy five 732 and would
Be willing to pay full price $$$$ that rod blank casts . They cast 1/16 oz with ease and are very sensitive for
Bottom contact jigs like Earie Darters and tubes . I wish they would come thru ......

Date: June 08, 2019 07:34PM

I am not trying to take away anything from their performance, quite the opposite in fact. It’s just a very unusual way that they operate.

Posted by: Brian Kulczak (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 08, 2019 11:18PM

Being new to building I saw all the hype on this board and ordered 5 blanks from them this winter. Two of the X-Ray blanks were 3” short of the listed specs. I kept them. Two blanks arrived more than 3 months after the order date, but were close to specs. I cancelled the final blank after more than 4 months of waiting. After weeks of unreturned calls and emails I filed a Paypal dispute. They contacted me the next day. I won’t be buying another NFC product, but if you do, use PayPal.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: June 09, 2019 09:43PM

And I keep reading good (but no bad) things about them.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 09, 2019 09:48PM

People typically don't comment when things go right - it's expected. They only blow up when things go wrong.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: June 10, 2019 09:03AM

Brian,
Over the years many many folks have ordered and received - on time - great blanks from NFC and are extremely happy with their products.

I am one of those very satisfied customers of the company and have nothing but good things to say about - both the people who staff the company as well as the products themselves.

Be safe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster