I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Question for those you paint rods
Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: June 03, 2019 10:43PM

T.J., don't buy a compressor before you see me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: June 03, 2019 10:54PM

Lol i have a 8 gal. Lynn.. Its a little small, but would suffice.. My brother has a 50 i can use whenever too

Date: June 05, 2019 01:19AM

So i went out and got 2 air brushs.. A touch up, and a pen style.. Along with alot of createx paints.. The wicked line.. I think im going to have fun.. Need to get hose fittings, then its time to rock and roll...

Hey, just for arguments sake.. Couldnt i use a sponge and apply the paint? Like peemagloss for example..

Im going to use the air brushs.. My wife would kill me otherwise, just curious ks anyone tried that.. I think it would be a waste of paint though

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 05, 2019 01:36AM

That's how I do it. With a sponge and then set it with heat from a heat gun as per instructions. Good luck with the air brushes.I never had luck with the Wicked colors, too watery. My best finishes were with the pearlized and sparkelesent colors.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Date: June 05, 2019 01:43AM

Ive been wanting a airbrush setup for years.. So i have plenty of applications for it.. But really good to know it works with a sponge though

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.clv.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 05, 2019 09:31AM

createx paints wicked, Make sure you use the Base Coat sealer first, I your case white. I have also tinted my base coat sealer, With a few drops of the color as well, Just to get true color that i was looking for. You end up using less topcoats. Take your time a play around a bit first. Cheers Jaa

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.sub-174-201-20.myvzw.com)
Date: June 05, 2019 09:56AM

Noted.. Im pretty lost with what does what.. I mean i get it, its not crazy complex.. Everything i got has the wicked logo, so im guessing they are all compatable.. Except the airborne sealer.. I realized after i got home that it doesnt say if its for wicked or not.. I also grabbed reducer, gun cleaner, balancer additive along with neon pink, neon purple, white, black, matte, and gloss finish.

When i mix up the color, i plan on using the balancer.. But do i still use the reducer then? I only got 2oz.bottles of everything, that cost 120$ with the 2 cheap guns i purchased.. Otherwise i would have gotten the 4oz. Bottles atleast

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.clv.wideopenwest.com)
Date: June 06, 2019 10:11AM

Anthony Unger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Everything
> i got has the wicked logo, so im guessing they are
> all compatable.. ---YES--- Except the airborne sealer.. I
> realized after i got home that it doesnt say if
> its for wicked or not. --- IT WILL WORK FINE---- I also grabbed reducer,
> gun cleaner, balancer additive along with neon
> pink, neon purple, white, black, { ------ matte, and gloss finish ------ Are you talking Createx Clear Coat??} ----Research those! ----- Not sure if their rated for exterior use ----- Try Permagloss, Do a Test first!!!!!! Should work just fine. However be safe and Test ---------I personally spray 2K auto clear, As I have a personal source for small quantities . Or use duplicolor clear.------
>
>
> When i mix up the color, i plan on using the
> balancer.. But do i still use the reducer then? ----- Most likely Yes ---- Your guns tip size's and output fan size will will tell you what they want, So it will vary! Temperature and Humidity CAN come into play here as well. And no it's not as complicated as it sounds, Get some gun time in, And learn the gun adjustments, Poster board works great for showing your guns paint atomization and spray patterns. Watch some YouTube Videos. Windex with a little shot of Isopropyl Alcohol works great for cleaning the guns after using Createx as well. Cheers Bud!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2019 10:13AM by Jay Dubay.

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.sub-174-201-28.myvzw.com)
Date: June 06, 2019 10:28AM

The matte and clear are for external use and are createx 5620 and 5622.. The white, black, and 2 neons are just paint..

Thanks for the input and answers... I cant wait to play around lol

Posted by: Don Mang (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 07, 2019 05:36AM

Check out Rustoleum 2X they have a couple pinks. I did a purple blank with it, topped it with permagloss for my daughter. Fished it this weekend at a wall, she kept laying it against the wall, held up very good!!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster