I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Epoxy (ProKote) issues
Posted by: Stuart schley (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: May 28, 2019 10:58AM

Just to update and close out the thread.

Yes it was a batch that had both syringes filled with resin. I called mudhole before I saw Brooks response above and the representative was very helpful and said there were at least 5 that they were aware of. They are sending me a replacement free of charge.

Things happen, it's business I understand that. I respect a company that is willing to correct a mistake even if it wasn't necessarily their fault and could have been an issue with ProKote itself. Mudhole will continue to have my business

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brook Oliva (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 28, 2019 11:02AM

Thanks Stuart. I appreciate you sending the batch number and your help. We are taking the steps to make sure other kits did not go out incorrectly and will be reaching out to customers that may have received mis-packaged kit. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you as well.

Kind Regards,

Brook Oliva
Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc.
brook@mudhole.com
(866)-790-RODS

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: May 28, 2019 07:39PM

Thanks for your reply Drew, by opposite ends I meant in regard to drying time for each, With my setup I only have to turn Threadmaster lite on the dryer for about 2.5-3 hrs.

Posted by: Drew Pollock (---.201-34-174.ftth.swbr.surewest.net)
Date: May 28, 2019 09:05PM

Lynn-Every time I quote your post I get the banned word problem. Too funny. It's a weird forum glitch.

Interesting drying time comparison, because in almost all cases, I coat the wraps and go to bed. Or I coat the wrap and go to work. So they all turn 8 hours or more!

My real take is that all finishes are pretty good. I've just gotten comfortable with TML and sometimes ProKote. I have some Flex Coat Lite on deck for my next rod, though I have TML as back up.

Drew

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: May 28, 2019 09:17PM

Mudhole steps up to the problem an takes care of it FAST I think great job "" MUD HOLE "" { BROOK }

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: May 28, 2019 09:39PM

Lynn B:

With my setup I only have to turn Threadmaster lite on the dryer for about 2.5-3 hrs.

I use both Threadmaster regular and lite and the lite takes a lot longer to cure for me , i really don't see major differences between them to be honest except the considerably longer drying time for the lite , viscosity between the two is a lot closer than i thought it would be. Pro Kote is a popular finish and most are very pleased with it but it is clearly a finish with a reputation of taking longer to cure.

Side note : i got the message again about a word being banned , i had to "Uncheck" the box that says " Add my signature to this message" and it goes through .

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: May 29, 2019 07:13PM

Herb, I typically dry at about 90F.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster