I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alps Upgrade chuck good or junk
Posted by: Glenn McMurrian (184.11.138.---)
Date: May 21, 2019 01:59AM

Has anybody had any problems with the Alps Upgrade Chuck like noise or chuck holding power.

Glenn McMurrian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alps Upgrade chuck good or junk
Posted by: Ryan Anderson (---.dhcp.stcd.mn.charter.com)
Date: May 21, 2019 02:37AM

Mine has worked flawlessly for the year that I've had it so far.

Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: May 21, 2019 10:38AM

We haven't been hearing any issues such as those.

If you're experiencing issues with your ALPS Chuck, contact our warranty department at 360-912-6057 (direct line) or warranty@batsonenterprises.com

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Posted by: Robert Ford (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 21, 2019 11:02AM

I have never had a single issue with mine,it's flawless.

Posted by: Gary Kilmartin (135.26.198.---)
Date: May 21, 2019 11:09AM

Mine is in it's third year. No hint of a problem. Top shelf product.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 22, 2019 04:01PM

love both of mine

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: May 22, 2019 07:16PM

Count me in with those that love them. Holds great, and when you have everything lined up properly (rod stand height to chuck height) absolutely zero wobble. It is sweet !!!

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: May 22, 2019 08:30PM

I believe the OP was asking about it before deciding to purchase it not that he had a problem with one he already bought but thats just a guess. ALPS stuff is absolute top shelf imo.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2019 03:13PM

If you look at the Alps improved head stock and the improved chuck - it is essentially the same or close to the same as the well known and long lived Taig Commercial chuck and head stock.

[www.micro-machine-shop.com]

I would not be surprised if Taig supplies the chuck and head stock to Alps with the Alps name on the chuck and head stock.

Good luck

p.s.
I have used only the Taig chuck for many many years, that they are essentially bullet proof.

Posted by: Mark Hahn (---.165.213.151.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: May 28, 2019 03:16PM

I upgraded to ALPS and swear by it; others I have just sworn at. The only noise mine makes is when using the drying motor, and even then it is minor. Check your alignment so your belt is where it should be. Also check your mounting bolts, one of them may be slightly loose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster