I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Is the RBS PRO power wrapper a CRB product?
Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.sub-174-201-18.myvzw.com)
Date: May 13, 2019 06:27PM

Ive been trying to find the manufacturer.. CRB doesnt even list it on thier site, mudhole doesnt have who its made by on thier site, ive emailed CRB twice without a answer back.. It does exsist... Right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is the RBS PRO power wrapper a CRB product?
Posted by: Chris O Williamson (---.sub-174-236-5.myvzw.com)
Date: May 13, 2019 06:37PM

Yes, RBS in sold by MudHole.

[www.mudhole.com]

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: May 13, 2019 06:58PM

Yes, it is shown on the Mudhole site and has a CRB decal on it.

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: May 13, 2019 07:24PM

I consider all CRB labeled stuff exclusive to Mudhole and i consider it their particular house brand of rod building equipment . Batson Enterprises has their Rrainshadow line and Alps line of rod building equipment .

RBS is not a brand it's just a label offered by CRB which means "Rod Building System" which is customizable so you can add components as you advance in the craft .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2019 07:27PM by herb canter.

Date: May 13, 2019 07:38PM

I'm with Herb.

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.sub-174-201-22.myvzw.com)
Date: May 13, 2019 08:52PM

Ok.. So im not loosing my mind.. Now.. Go to CRB's web page.. Look at thier RBS system.. They dont even mention it.. Let alone prelude to it.. Its only advertized throigh mudhole, by mudhole..

I have it, along with the aluminim track, Hand wrapper, dryer, etc.

Btw lynn.. You really need to hear it... Lol

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2019 09:30PM

The CRB products are proprietary items that Mud Hole designs, has manufactured and sells. At one time I think they had some authorized CRB product distributor, but not sure about now.

When in doubt, call Mud Hole and ask.

Date: May 13, 2019 10:02PM

Anthony Unger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok.. So im not loosing my mind.. Now.. Go to CRB's
> web page.. Look at thier RBS system.. They dont
> even mention it.. Let alone prelude to it.. Its
> only advertized throigh mudhole, by mudhole..
>
> I have it, along with the aluminim track, Hand
> wrapper, dryer, etc.
>
> Btw lynn.. You really need to hear it... Lol

Anthony , the CRB RBS system and it's configurations are listed below first link , the main CRB products page is the 2nd link down :

[www.mudhole.com]

[www.mudhole.com]

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.sub-174-201-11.myvzw.com)
Date: May 13, 2019 11:33PM

Ok, so let me get this straight.. First off im waiting for mudhole to get back to me..

The satisfaction garentee says all defective products should be returned to the manufacturer, which is CRB... Or i guess mudhole..

The warrenty just covers blanks..

So replacing the bearings with after market bearings voids everything..

I dont have the original box anymore, and cant get oem bearings..

Yay me

Date: May 14, 2019 01:37AM

This is about replacement bearings for your RBS system ? If you want replacement bearings see the below link , what do you mean you can't get OEM bearings ?

If your CRB system is defective you return it to Mudhole , CRB stands for "Custom rod builder" and RBS means "Rod Building system " they're the same thing thats why CRB is printed on all the stuff thats labeled RBS. You as a custom rod builder (CRB) bought items from Mudholes (RBS) Rod building system .

Everything is dealt with by Mudholes Customer Service , like Tom said call them and tell them what the problem is , Mudhole keeps track of everything you buy and the date purchased , look up your info by logging in to Mudholes site.

Link is not working for some reason but the bearings info is listed below:

Bearing Assembly for RBS Aluminum Track, 3 ea.
SKU: #RBS-ROLLER
$8.95
The RBS Roller set converts your HWS-1 into a rolling thread carriage when using the RBS Aluminum Base Station. Each kit contains (3) Ball Bearing Rollers, (6) Concave Bearing Washers & (3) Screws.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 01:43AM by herb canter.

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: May 14, 2019 02:04AM

That link is 404.. If your link was for the only bearings i sae on the site, thkse are for the hand wrapper..

Nevermind.. Im done.. Its not only about the bearings..

why theres a CRB (as in the company) logo on the wrapper, and CRB (the company) doesnt have the wrapper on thier site.. I get it.. The RBS system.. A proprietary of mudhole, who designed the base, that the power wrapper made by CRB ( the company) supplies.. Ive had the wrapper since christmas, it has a few other problems im not going to bother mentioning here.. It came with a bent motor shaft, tweaked pulley, and was scratched down to the metal.. They replaced it.. The second was just as bad with the scratchs, had shot bearings, most of this was consmetic, and i decided to keep it due to the fact it took over a month to get the 2nd.. I wasnt exactly happy with accepting a brand new item that looked worse then refurbished... It the product IS a CRB (the company) product, id rather deal with the company (CRB) directly instead of thier dealer (mudhole) as i dont feel like they are doing the best job.. Dont get me wrong, they have excellent customer service in most circumstances.. This just happens to not be one of them.. With that in mind, CRB (the company) cant even reply to a simply question reguarding one of thier, or thier dealers products..

I feel like i made a mistake going with the RBS (from mudhole) utilizing CRB's (the company) equipment... As a custom rod builder (me) im feeling let down by a company (your choice)

If i end up having a major issue that needs to be addressed, it would be nice to know who exactly to talk to and what exactly my options are.. If the RBS pro power wrapper is of mudholes design utilizing CRB's components, dont you think they should have thier (mudholes) logo somewhere on the product? I mean, in the manual, it only has the CRBs (the company) website... Its misleading in my opinion..

Date: May 14, 2019 03:24AM

You said nevermind you're done, anyways , lets get something right out in the open before we start , members here are trying to help you understand and you seem to be frustrated thinking that WE don't understand , fact is, we all understand , the problem my fellow rod building friend is you keep thinking CRB is a company and it's not , CRB is just a label for Mudholes own house brand of rod building equipment . CRB and RBS is 100% Mudhole so thats who you deal with ,

Anthony: " Why theres a CRB (as in the company) logo on the wrapper, and CRB (the company) doesnt have the wrapper on thier site.. I get it.

Herb: You sure you get it , i have my doubts because CRB IS Mudholes label and CRB & RBS is not a company , there are no rod building equipment manufacturers with the name CRB . CRB = Mudhole .

Anthony: It came with a bent motor shaft, tweaked pulley, and was scratched down to the metal.. They replaced it.. The second was just as bad with the scratchs, had shot bearings, most of this was consmetic, and i decided to keep it due to the fact it took over a month to get the 2nd.. I wasnt exactly happy with accepting a brand new item that looked worse then refurbished... It the product IS a CRB (the company) product, id rather deal with the company (CRB) directly instead of thier dealer (mudhole) as i dont feel like they are doing the best job

Herb: So you had one delivered that had all that you mention wrong with it so you returned it and Mudhole replaced it and you made the choice that you were going to keep it DESPITE defective bearings and more scratches is that right ?

Anthony: CRB (the company) cant even reply to a simply question reguarding one of thier, or thier dealers products..

Herb: Think i figured out why you're not getting any responses , the company CRB does not exist .

Anthony: If the RBS pro power wrapper is of mudholes design utilizing CRB's components, dont you think they should have thier (mudholes) logo somewhere on the product?

Herb: Mudholes label IS ON the power wrapper it says RBS & you will also notice a sticker which says CRB , anytime you see RBS or CRB it means MUDHOLE , not another company .

Always put yourself in the other persons shoes to get a better perspective , if you were Mudhole and a guy said i bought a power wrapper but it had a lot wrong with it so i returned it and you sent me a knew one and i decided i was going to keep it . Bearings were defective but instead of having them replaced under warranty i decided to wait and get to it when i feel like getting to it . I don't think Mr Mudhole would be a very happy camper upon hearing this Anthony , as a matter of fact i could see Mr. Mudhole developing some hostility and wondering why you waited so long to express your dissatisfaction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 03:27AM by herb canter.

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: May 14, 2019 04:34AM

Last post on the topic for me..

Explain this website then...

[crbproducts.com]

In fact.. Look to the left.. Notice mudhole AND CRB? I dont think they would sponser twice...

Mudhole is NOT crb, they are a company, mudhole is a dealer, or distributor if you will.. RBS on the other hand may be, or may be a "team" effort for better choice of words...

Mudhole is aware of my frustration and knows im not content, and for a "thank you" gave me a 15%off my next order for being civil about it.. Just for the record, they never honored it, and im ok with that.. I dont order enough at a shot to make 15% worth more then 10$..

Im sorry everyone... I had a verry stressfull evening and i guess that has shown a bit through my posts.. Usually not like me.. Now, i have to find my terminals.. The ground just fell out of the improperly crimped ring terminals on the wrapper.. Then, im going to remove the wire nuts they thought were crimps, and remove the scotch tape they must have mistaken for electrical tape... And no, im not kidding.. Im 100% serious.. Im going to fix this thing myself, dont worry.. I used to be an electrician, so i know what im doing... Good night

PS, i just noticed your edit on the bearings.. I was looking for the 2 located inside the headstock, they are 6203RS bearings.. Thankfully they are very common

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 04:46AM by Anthony Unger.

Posted by: Brook Oliva (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 14, 2019 05:46PM

Anthony
Please allow me to clear the air...CRB and its associated product lines originated from a need that we (Mud Hole) noticed in the marketplace. From years of doing business and listening to feedback of new hobbyists entering the craft and seasoned builders alike we saw a common trend, start up costs were to high and builders wanted options (after all...we are talking about rod builders right!) So with that in mind, Mud Hole set out to bring affordable easy to use rod building equipment to market and "CRB" as was born.

Over the years CRB evolved beyond a Rod Dryer and a Hand Wrapper however. Now the brand represents one of the most comprehensive lines of Rod Building components , tools, equipment and supplies offered and used around the world by a network of dealers, OEM's and their customers. CRB did indeed begin as a Mud Hole "House" Brand but has now gained its own identity and in doing so operates a stand alone website as a resource for its customers and engages in sponsorship opportunities, advertisements etc.

Now moving on to quality issue you encountered. As a representative of the CRB brand we stand behind the quality of our products and while it's unfortunate to hear about your issues, it presents us with the opportunity to fix the them! I would sincerely appreciate if you would reach out to me directly to discuss the problems you mentioned. I can be reached at brook@mudhole.com at your convenience, and hopefully I can make sure everything is handled to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards,

Brook Oliva
Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc.
brook@mudhole.com
(866)-790-RODS

Date: May 14, 2019 05:50PM

As Mr. Zappa once asked, "is that a real guitar or a Sears guitar?"

Posted by: John Cates (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: May 15, 2019 10:53AM

Actually I heard Zappa say, "Is that a real pancho or a Sears Pancho."

Great Googly Moogly.

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster