I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Roller stands.. Ive had enough of V stands..
Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.sub-174-201-12.myvzw.com)
Date: May 11, 2019 01:25AM

I have to say without a doubt, this is a true passion, not just a hobby.. I only wish i would have started building ealier.. If and when i can, this is going to be my future source on income, rod building calms me down, and wakes what has been inside me for years... I plan on upgrading to proper, fully adapable equipment in time.. This is just to get by until then.. Ive already put my heart and soul into it.. Why not everything else? Needless to say. Im an addict.. Lol thank you all for the support..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 11, 2019 05:30AM

Anthony,
I am dropping the rollers in the mail in the morning. You will have them next week.

Roger

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: May 11, 2019 09:00AM

Awesome, thanks roger.. And every one else

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.sub-174-201-7.myvzw.com)
Date: May 11, 2019 09:45PM

Well, that didnt work.. Lol the hardware i grabbed wont work since the derlin the guy at work cut for me cut them at 3/8th thick.. And the shanks wernt long, enough.. Guess im not getting those done thos weekend after all..

Posted by: Doug Cox (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: May 12, 2019 07:30AM

I made these several years ago for my lathe - still working great.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Mark Talmo (71.147.59.---)
Date: May 12, 2019 06:56PM

Doug,
Very nice rollers indeed!!! The slotted uprights are very nice as well. How do you keep the roller support bar from pivoting down with the weight of a rod? What did you use for bearings or bushings?

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Doug Cox (---.dsl.rtmc.net)
Date: May 12, 2019 08:30PM

Thanks - The horizontal bars have a slot machined in them that matches the width of the upright bar. Once put together, a right angle with always be maintained. I used ball bearings in the wheels - # R3ZZ.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (71.147.59.---)
Date: May 12, 2019 08:46PM

Thanks, Doug. Again, nice job.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Date: May 13, 2019 11:50AM

The larger rollers are nice and work well.

But, actually 3/4 inch ball bearing v groove shower door rollers work very well and the smaller size lets one work close to the blank without having the rollers be in the way of the rod building.

Ball bearing patio door rollers make a very nice life time power wrapper rod rest roller.

Good luck

Date: May 13, 2019 03:23PM

How is this even possible? Out of the 3 power wrappers i got through mud hole, all 3 had shot bearings from the get go.. I always figured it was just a noisy head.. All i hear now is the wine on the motor.. Since i just replaced the 2 bearings in the head.. And another thing about the RBS pro power wrapper.. CRBs website wont get back to me about it, they ignore the emails, they dont even have it on their site... Who owns the rbs pro power wrapper? I mean come on...

Date: May 13, 2019 07:23PM

Anthony,

Be calm and breath some incense and chill.
You are talking about the competitiveness of the free market system. Folks who want to sell products, want to sell a product that costs the least amount possible for the highest possible price to maximize profit.

You want to buy a product for the least amount possible to keep your money in the bank and not in the pocket of a product manufacturer. When you receive the product you also expect Cadillac or perfect performance and in the case of this product with 0 sound.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to satisfy the marketing requirements of the manufacturer and your user requirements at the price point that you are willing to pay.

In addition, in the case of the power wrapper, there are close to 0 products on the market that fully satisfy the real wishes of many rod builders at ANY price because the product is not available.

Best wishes.

Date: May 14, 2019 02:11AM

Its just a little stressful roger.. Second shift makes doing anything difficult.. Expecially finding the time to fix and correct problems that should never happen in the first place..

I just posted on the other thread about the power wrapper .. Im done.. Im calming.. Its just very frustrating sometimes...

Your right.. And i dont mind paying for quality.. I spent a good month debating on which wrapper to get... I decided on the pro wrapper due to its integration to the RBS, im surpirsed they havent released rollerstands for the system yet.. And if i had to purchase everything over again, i would cholse a diffrent route.. Less headaches..

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster