I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thank You from the Michigan Rod Builders
Posted by: Randy Kruger (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: April 29, 2019 11:23PM

The Michigan Rod Builders would like to thank all of our sponsors for their donations supporting our annual gathering this past Saturday. Batson Enterprises, Get Bit Outdoors, American Tackle, The Golden Witch, Cork4Us, Custom Fly Grips, Decal Connection, Hitena USA, Mudhole Custom Tackle, Rod Components USA, RodMaker Magazine, Archies Custom Grips, Mikes's Custom Rods, Custom Rodz N Components, and many more. Support from the NERB's is also appreciated. If I have missed anyone, please accept my apologies. Congregations to Todd Dobberowsky for winning the MRB- Mike Barkley award for promoting the Rod Building craft with his kids rod program . All our Sponsors are World Class, and we could not exist without your support. We had a turnout of about 30 people, from around Michigan and the Midwest attending, with a couple of special guest from Dixie (Rob Church, and Norm Hull). Programs on turning acrylic, making birch bark grips, weaving, and a demo on Cork4Us's UV Oven, along with Mike Stowe's Q & A about using exotic woods for rod grips, and a Pot Luck Lunch filled out the day. Thank You again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank You from the Michigan Rod Builders
Posted by: Jonathan Hotham (199.247.42.---)
Date: April 30, 2019 08:45AM

It was a great time! I'm glad I was able to attend.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: April 30, 2019 10:06AM

I'll add my thanks to the sponsors and also my congrats to Todd Dobberowski. In addition to his generous kids program, he is a very talented builder in all phases of the craft, one of the best weavers I've seen, and is always willing to help others work toward his level. Truly worthy of the award.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: April 30, 2019 04:37PM

Glad you had a great turn out... awesome to see the group going strong..

On behalf of AT, we are glad to help.

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: Gary Kilmartin (135.26.184.---)
Date: May 01, 2019 08:06AM

Sorry to hijack the thread, but could somebidy have Tod Dobberowski email me, please.

gklmrtn@icloud.com

I met himat the ICRBE this year, and I have a couple of wood samples that belong to him. Tell him I am the large dude with a lot of white hair, who won the Artico blank at the reception. He left the wood on the table in the dining room, and I was the last person left at the table.

Thanks,
GK

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.drr02.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: May 01, 2019 08:22AM

Done

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster