I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A very special thanks
Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: April 29, 2019 02:24AM

I recently donated a rod for a charity event for a family who had a devastating loss, a father and son perished in a horrific fire with multiple explosions late at night in january, the father was a friend of mine, and his 10yr. old son was an amazing kid.. They were extremly active in the community.. Great people.. Horrible thing that should have never happen..

2 builders who i concider family more then friends anymore donated the blank, reel seat, guide train, and a hook keeper fashioned in the style norman miller designed.. Along with multiple comonents, and blanks for future benifit events ill be attending.. A portion of all the donated supplies used to build rods that sell will be given to thier family.

I, along with the family, greatly appreciate the generosity, and kindness.. You guys are the kind of people that we need more of in this world.

The rod had 181 tickets, that was the most tickets placed on a single item out of 140 or so items donated.. everyone raved over it.. I quietly sat around the corner with a smile.. I couldnt have built a rod, and certainly couldnt build one that drew that much attention without the help.

So thank you guys, from all of my heart.. You know who you are, come forward if you wish.. Or stay anonymous..

Seriously, thank you..

--------Rest in piece--------

Bruce A "Buddy" Miller Jr. 1981-2019

-And-

Bruce Alan Miller 2008-2019

...We would rather have you with us...

.God bless.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2019 04:53AM by Anthony Unger.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A very special thanks
Posted by: Scott Lawrence (118.210.218.---)
Date: April 29, 2019 04:02AM

Anthony,sorry to here about the tragic loss of your friend and his son. Much love to all of those that this loss has affected. It is sometimes easy to forget about the good in people if you listen to the media to much. The evening news is a sure way to find out all that is wrong with the world. I would sure love to watch some good news stories. There are many good people out there willing to help out another person just because in their hearts they feel it is the right thing to do. Great show of compassion.Great work gentlemen.
Scott

Date: April 29, 2019 05:07AM

much appreciated.. I also did a restore with a custom box crafted by my mother and brother, the rod read "just as this rod has been restored, so will our hearts" thier names and dates, along with in loving memory were written on the inside of the lid with a wood burner.. Just so happens my boss, was the godfather of Bruce Jr. When i presented that to him he nearly callapsed. He was shocked that someone would put forth the time and energy to do that..

I may not have alot of money, but if i can touch someones heart with a 3$ yard sale find, and a little epoxy, im going to do it... The appreciation is worth more then i could ever ask for a rod anyhow..

I told him, water heals.... Go out and fish..

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 29, 2019 11:10AM

Anthony, It really breaks my heart to hear of such a tragic and horrific event, but it also greatly warms my heart to hear of people like yourself who are willing to step forward and help a family in need. You have my deepest respect and admiration. You really do have a good heart!
Norm

Date: April 29, 2019 11:27AM

Thank you norm, it means alot..

the reason there are so many fundraising events for this tragedy is 2 yr old Evan Michael Miller, poor litttle guy lost his brother and father.. He was not at the house when this happend to the best of my knowledge, i dont want to bring something like that up to someone who knows if he was or not..

Posted by: Mark Talmo (71.147.59.---)
Date: April 29, 2019 12:33PM

Anthony,
My deepest sympathy for you and especially the family. What a great idea you had along with generous help from the other builders to help the family. As Norman, I also have a new-found respect and admiration for you. Very nicely done!!!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Date: April 29, 2019 12:45PM

Thank you mark

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: April 29, 2019 03:39PM

I lost 2 brothers since 2016, but through this collaboration with Anthony and Norm I feel as though I've gained 2 more. Beside the fact that I hear the kid who won the rod lit up like a Christmas tree upon finding out he had won. That might be the real payoff. Norm forgive me if I outed you, but you deserve credit!

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 29, 2019 04:29PM

Thanks Lynn, I appreciate it. All of the folks I have personally.corresponded with from this forum are very friendly, warm and generous people, with a passion for rod building. It seems like we are all family.
Norm

Posted by: Mark Talmo (71.147.59.---)
Date: April 30, 2019 12:45PM

Anthony alluded to who the “2 builders” were that helped him with the raffle-rod. It should come as no surprise to anyone on this forum to learn they were Norman and Lynn. I would not expect any less from either of you. Very nicely done!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: April 30, 2019 07:16PM

Thanks everyone, Best guy I ever fished with refused to fish buddy tournaments with me saying " I'm not in it for the glory". We weren't in this for the glory either, but a little glory feels good! Anthony (TJ) was the man on this deal!

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: May 02, 2019 04:17PM

Anthony, Norman, and Lynn .......... well done men ..... well done .....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster