I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

OEM Blanks
Posted by: Rick Sankey (---.dsl.netins.net)
Date: April 23, 2019 08:42PM

Does anyone have a opinion on the OEM blanks on clearance from Mud Hole?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OEM Blanks
Posted by: ben belote (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: April 23, 2019 08:47PM

don,t let the price fool you..they are outstanding blanks..

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 23, 2019 09:08PM

I’ve built a bunch of them, and for the price they are hard to beat. I first bought them blind not knowing what I was getting. When I got them then I figured out what to do with them. For the price I had to give them a try, and was pleasantly surprised. They make a very nice low cost rod, which are a great rod for kids, and cost conscious fishermen. They are almost bullet proof. Not everyone needs or wants a $300 plus rod.
Norm

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: April 23, 2019 09:38PM

Those Mudhole OEM blanks on sale are priced around the $50.00 range new and now most are priced in the mid to high $20.00 range, they are NOT poor quality by any means and will satisfy many anglers but if you expect them to be on the same level as Mudholes Elite Pro series that retails for around $115.00 you will likely be disappointed.

It's all about expectations , i personally only buy blanks that i know will work for me and a great price will not entice me to buy something i had no interest in purchasing before i found out about a heavy discount . I freely admit i'm very very demanding when it comes to my fishing rods and i only own a select few but have had the opportunity over the years to fish many brands and most just do not cut it for me .

I believe i'm in a small minority though and most i run into seem to be very pleased with whatever they use, as long as everybody's happy all is good , just make sure you as an individual are happy with what you choose and spend your money on , everybody's different .

Posted by: Angie Burbank (---.dhcp.mtgm.al.charter.com)
Date: April 23, 2019 10:13PM

Just finished a 7' fast action 10-17 lb. line OEM blank... I am very pleased with the blank & how it feels....turned out great...

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.triad.rr.com)
Date: April 24, 2019 12:03AM

Hello Rick.

I have about 50 of them & use them for friends who need a good rod cheep, they work fine.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 24, 2019 08:31AM

Here is a link to those blanks, for those that may be interested. And they just happen to be on sale at a very attractive price! Link - [www.mudhole.com] - Thank You

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Posted by: Ray Zarychta (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: April 24, 2019 09:23AM

I have not been disappointed with any on sale blank from Mudhole. The average fisherman could not tell the difference between a properly fabricated rod from an on sale blank from an off the shelf major supplier. It allows me to introduce new customers to a custom rod at a very reasonable cost. Look for the component sales at the same time.

Ray Zarychta
Glastonbury, CT

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: April 24, 2019 09:48AM

A $500.00 blank probably won't out-fish an OEM blank. Rod builders buy blanks and components for different reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 09:49AM by Phil Ewanicki.

Posted by: Rick Sankey (---.dsl.netins.net)
Date: April 24, 2019 05:25PM

Thanks for the input. I had already gotten 3 - 6" UL - Mod and 3 - 6"6" Lt - Mod. I thought they seemed like a pretty good rod blanks for the price. At the time I also bought some of the CRB blanks. Those I was disappointed with.
Thanks again for the feedback
Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster