I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Online Fly Rod Blank Database
Posted by: Seth Johnson (151.142.219.---)
Date: April 03, 2019 12:17PM

Here's the Fly Rod Blank Database, it contains the following fields:

Brand, Item, Series/Application, Length, Length (in), Line Wt., Line Wt. Multi, Line Wt. (gr), Action, Pieces, Butt, Tip size, Wt, IP (gr), AA, and discontinued (They were available when I started, but are no longer available or are being phased out).

Email me or reply here if you see anything that needs to be changed, blanks that need to be added, or CCS information to add. Link is below.

[www.obvibase.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Online Fly Rod Blank Database
Posted by: Ryan Janos (---.sonoma-county.org)
Date: April 03, 2019 06:38PM

How about MSRP?

Posted by: Seth Johnson (151.142.219.---)
Date: April 05, 2019 09:42AM

Ryan Janos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about MSRP?

If more people want it I'll add it, but that was something I intentionally removed from the list. Most of the dealers sell them below MSRP so the price isn't what you're going to pay. Also, for those that get wholesale pricing, the prices would be even more inaccurate. We also aren't allowed to publish wholesale prices in most instances.

Posted by: Mark D Schulte (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: April 05, 2019 03:04PM

Nice work Seth.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: April 06, 2019 01:29PM

Fly line weights are ordinarily given as the weight of the first 30 feet of line in grains, where 437.5 grains = 1 oz. You list the line weight for competition fly rods as 38, 39, and 40 "gr.", which would amount to less than one tenth of an ounce, or in the 2 wt. rod category. Does "gr" mean "grams" [28.35 per ounce] in this case, but only for competition casters?

Posted by: Seth Johnson (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: April 06, 2019 01:32PM

Phil Ewanicki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fly line weights are ordinarily given as the
> weight of the first 30 feet of line in grains,
> where 437.5 grains = 1 oz. You list the line
> weight for competition fly rods as 38, 39, and 40
> "gr.", which would amount to less than one tenth
> of an ounce, or in the 2 wt. rod category. Does
> "gr" mean "grams" [28.35 per ounce] in this case,
> but only for competition casters?

Maybe, I just copied what was there. From the model numbers they look like 3,4, and 5 weights but are not designated that way in the catalog

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: April 06, 2019 08:01PM

Take it back. Rio lists a 40.12 grain fly line as suitable for a size 3/0 fly rod. I'm guessing a 40 foot cast would be a boomer for such a light rod.

Posted by: Mark Emaus (---.cust.exede.net)
Date: April 07, 2019 08:53AM

Thank You Seth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster