I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ZipCast?
Posted by: Tom Ciannilli (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 11:57AM

I've used ZipCast fly line cleaner for a long time and purchased several bottles a while back when it was getting hard to find.

Now I'm down to my last fraction of an ounce of ZipCast.

I assume it is no longer sold.

The link on the left hand side of this site is no longer active and it is no where to be found Online.

Good stuff; sorry to see it go away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ZipCast?
Posted by: Herb Ladenheim (---.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 01:24PM

I just bought some Loon Scandinavian Floatant /Cleaner and dressing for my floating lines - and Loon Line Speed for other intermediate and sinkers.
First I'm trying that .
Herb

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 31, 2019 01:57PM

Most detergents will do a fine job of cleaning a fly line, and a good rinse is essential. After that formula 303 is the best line dressing I have found.

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: March 31, 2019 03:05PM

Phil Ewanicki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most detergents will do a fine job of cleaning a
> fly line, and a good rinse is essential. After
> that formula 303 is the best line dressing I have
> found.

You use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on your line huh , that stuff is one of the best UV protecters on the market for sure and i use it all the time to prevent fading on the black plastic trim on my automobile but never heard anyone use it on fly lines , good to know .

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.sub-174-222-129.myvzw.com)
Date: April 01, 2019 06:57AM

Thanks Phil. I have been looking for something like this for a while.

Posted by: Herb Ladenheim (---.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 01, 2019 08:19AM

Be careful with stuff like detergents (use only soap) and compounds like Armorall . I use 303 on my dry suit's latex cuffs and neck gaskets - don't know how it will react with fly line coatings - PVC for all except Airflo (polyurethane).
Herb

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: April 01, 2019 12:15PM

I have used Formula 303 on every type of line with satisfaction. I spray the 303 on a little (5" square) clean piece of old t-shirt or some such and lightly saturate it, then pull a clean, dry fly line through the rag forward and back just to dampen the fly line, not put a "coating" on it. Your line will not feel greasy, won't feel any different, but I'll BET you cast it 5' - 10' farther. It won't hurt to pull the 303 saturated piece of rag through each of your fly rod guides too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 12:20PM by Phil Ewanicki.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster