I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Cross wrap layout
Posted by: JODY HAHN (---.sub-174-234-137.myvzw.com)
Date: March 13, 2019 06:02PM

So I'm looking to try a cross wrap design, but im a little confused (or maybe just slow) is the intersection spacing the rod diameter or half the circumference. Some insight on how u guys lay one out would really help me out. Thanks
Jody

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cross wrap layout
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2019 06:22PM

It can be whatever you want it to be, depending on whether you want a more compressed or elongated pattern.

Date: March 13, 2019 07:53PM

I'm looking to start with them being square to the intersecting thread

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: March 13, 2019 08:52PM

Try a search on you tube.

Posted by: Paul Luechtefeld (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: March 13, 2019 10:57PM

Jody Hahn for a single axis wrap you use the circ of the rod to get square spacing. For a double axis you divide the circ in half to get square spacing. You keep dividing by 2 for every additional axis. If you want a compressed pattern you use slightly shorter spacing if you want elongated slightly longer spacing. IE if the blank has a circ of 30mm for a single axis that number is what you use to get square spacing. For compressed you might use 25mm for elongated you could use 35mm.

Date: March 14, 2019 08:17AM

Thanks paul thats the anser i was looking for

Posted by: David Boyle (---.qb06.qld.asp.telstra.net)
Date: March 15, 2019 06:19AM

If you want to do a closed wrap then you may wish to adjust your spacings for the taper of the blank user the Taper Offset Layout calculation. Without it you run the risk of not being able to close the wrap nicely. There are online spreadsheets to assist with this, and I published an app that does the calculation for you as well.

Regards
Dave Boyle
[threadcentral.net]
"Thread Art is not a crime"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster