I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson blanks
Posted by: Brett Mahoney (---.sc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2019 12:11AM

How is the general reputation on these blanks. They seem to be at a fairly decent price point which is appealing, however I don't want to out in all the work into making a rod and have it turn out and not meet expectations because I braid to save a few bucks and cheeped out on the blank. How do they compare to blanks like Seeker, Calstar, or Phenix. I have been looking at the saltwater Rx6/e-glass blanks in particular. How do these rods match up is it a truly you get what you pay for senecio?

I know some people that like them and use them while other say its a Chinese blank so buy at your own risk.

Thank You

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2019 12:57AM by Brennan Mahoney.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson blanks
Posted by: Jim Underwood (---.dhcp.mdfd.or.charter.com)
Date: February 19, 2019 07:22AM

I have a large quiver of Rainshadow (Batson) blanks, real happy with all of them. Try one, I'm sure you'll like it.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2019 08:11AM

Many well known blank distributors source blanks out of China nowadays. For the most part they are considered good quality and high performance. The days of assuming that any blank made in China must be deficient in some area are long gone.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2019 08:30AM

Batson supplies some of the finest blanks on the market. In my opinion better then the blanks you are comparing them to.
Some of them made in the USA and some from other countries.
But regardless of were they come from, they stand behind their products 100%

They have one of the best reputations in the industry with their customer service.
As far as I'm concerned there is NO " buy at your own risk." when you buy from Batson.

Posted by: Seth Johnson (151.142.219.---)
Date: February 19, 2019 08:32AM

I have built primarily on St. Croix and Rainshadow (Batson) blanks. I've been very happy with every Rainshadow rod I've built. My two favorite personal rods are a Revelation topwater rod and an Immortal plastics rod. Anything else I could say about them would be subjective, so I'll just say I don't think you'll be disappointed with the blanks.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.drr02.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 19, 2019 08:43AM

When my son first used a Rainshadow RX7 rod I built for him his first impression was that it was a very sensitive rod. He also fishes St Croix SC V (all mentioned here are 7 foot spin blanks). I just built two 7 foot RX6 travel spin rods and they are fine blanks, too. I have no reservations regarding Rainshadow/Batson.

Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: February 19, 2019 10:57AM

Hi Brennan,
What area are you in?
Maybe we can find a shop that you can pull on some of the RainShadow blanks. We will be at the Custom Rod Building Expo this weekend and in two weeks we have a booth at Fred Hall Long Beach where we will have a large assortment of our saltwater blanks to check out.

You can also look at our made-in-USA The Judge live bait blanks for saltwater, depending on your needs.

As Tom mentions the manufacturers around the world are as good as it’s ever been. Everything is designed in-house by our team, every facility we use is inspected by us, and we test all the blanks ourselves and by our various guides/ambassadors. We also keep a tight eye on all blanks as shipments arrive no matter where they are manufactured (we reject them if they don’t meet specs). This has been the process for 19+ years of RainShadow rod blanks.

James Taylor
Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2019 11:09AM

Brennen,

I just finished building an Eternity ETES610MXF Drop-Shot blanks for a client and in MHO you can not buy a better DS blank at any price. And the Eternity blanks are made in the USA!!

Contact Carol at Upmost Enterprises and she'll have one on the way that day or the next at the latest. Upmost is just around the corner from Batson Enterprises and if she doesn't have what you want. it just a short trip to pick it up. Plus Upmost only charges direct costs on the shipping. I live in So. Cal. and have recived blank order in as soon as 3 days from Washington! Amazing!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: February 19, 2019 12:21PM

The Eternity lineup are amongst the best. My personal favorites are built on them!

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: February 19, 2019 05:05PM

Very happy with the blanks and Utmost. Forgot to mention I've also gotten several from Ron Schneider.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2019 05:06PM by Lynn Behler.

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.wavecable.com)
Date: February 19, 2019 05:32PM

The Batson > Rainshadow Blank line up is one of the BEST in the world. No one sells more blanks than Batson.
We are the largest in the country for many reasons>> Integrity, Innovation, Quality and customer service and all around TRUE passion for the Lifestyle/Craft/Industry..
Last year we sold over 63,000 fishing rod blanks, not to mention other tubular items.
We have been in this industry for a long time, over 19 years under this label and another 20 years under other labels..
You will not be disappointed with your choice to use a Batson/Rainshadow blank..
I will put my blank line up against any other blank line in its line / lure class and application made anywhere in the world..
YES I am sure i am biased but that is how much I believe in the product lines..
Please feel free to contact us anytime..
Bill Batson
Rodbuilder/Fisherman/CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS/AB1 product lines
www.batsonenterprises.com
Batson@Batsonenterprises.com.

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: February 19, 2019 07:36PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2019 07:35PM by herb canter.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: February 19, 2019 08:21PM

Slow your roll Mr. Batson. We can certainly understand your basis, however we need to pump the breaks on fact checking your statements. Mud Hole Custom Tackle sells many more blanks - in fact several times over. Blank sales of MHX blanks lines alone exceed that making them the #1 selling blanks in the World for many year now.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: John Wright (---.om.om.cox.net)
Date: February 19, 2019 10:29PM

James Taylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Brennan,
> What area are you in?
> Maybe we can find a shop that you can pull on some
> of the RainShadow blanks. We will be at the Custom
> Rod Building Expo this weekend and in two weeks we
> have a booth at Fred Hall Long Beach where we will
> have a large assortment of our saltwater blanks to
> check out.
>
> You can also look at our made-in-USA The Judge
> live bait blanks for saltwater, depending on your
> needs.
>

> As Tom mentions the manufacturers around the world
> are as good as it’s ever been. Everything is
> designed in-house by our team, every facility we
> use is inspected by us, and we test all the blanks
> ourselves and by our various guides/ambassadors.
> We also keep a tight eye on all blanks as
> shipments arrive no matter where they are
> manufactured (we reject them if they don’t meet
> specs). This has been the process for 19+ years of
> RainShadow rod blanks.

James,
I live in Omaha NE. Where can I purchase a BATSON fly blank. Mainly 2 - 5 wt.
Thanks.

Date: February 20, 2019 10:18AM

That's FUNNY right there...
I will keep my comments to myself as this is not the place to voice my opinion on other"Distributors"..LOL

Posted by: James Taylor (---.wavecable.com)
Date: February 20, 2019 11:30AM

John Wright Wrote:
> James,
> I live in Omaha NE. Where can I purchase a BATSON
> fly blank. Mainly 2 - 5 wt.
> Thanks.

Hi John,

Our closest distributor to you closed up this past year. The closest right now Jann’s Netcraft & Anglers Workshop for touching a blank.

But you order through anyone of our dealers at: [batsonenterprises.com]

Posted by: Rick Hall (---.msl-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: February 20, 2019 11:34AM

I am bringing my ruler this weekend and we are all going to put them on the table and measure!

Rick Hall
Global Sales Manager
SeaGuide Corporation
406-750-2122
www.sea-guide.com

Date: February 20, 2019 12:20PM

Thanks Rick> Needed a good laugh..See you in NC..
All I need to do is take care of families and take care of our part of this Great industry/Craft..
Very Simple...

Posted by: Chris Forslund (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2019 09:26PM

Bill Batson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's FUNNY right there...
> I will keep my comments to myself as this is not
> the place to voice my opinion on
> other"Distributors"..LOL

I true professional and class act. Love the products from Batson Enterprises!

Posted by: Ernie Roberts (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: May 08, 2019 07:30PM

Another tip of the hat to Batson for rock solid customer service. They proved their worthiness to me and I’m grateful for it.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster