I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

3 Great Vendors!!!
Posted by: Mark Talmo (71.147.59.---)
Date: February 08, 2019 06:51PM

I am one to give credit where credit is due and presently, Decal Connection, Anglers Workshop and The Rod Room are on top of my list!
The decal ordered from DC was professionally produced, just as envisioned, very closely and neatly trimmed so I did not have to, affordable, customer support was friendly yet professional, and the order was received is less than 4 days from the other side of the country.
As with my first order from Anglers Workshop, this order was completed without back orders, reasonably priced, very friendly and professional as well, and the order was received within 4 days.
The girls at The Rod Room are very friendly and efficient, they had guides on hand that I was having difficulty locating elsewhere, good prices, and the order was received in 3 days.
While we all expect and deserve the business attributes listed above, such is not always the case with all vendors. When I started building rods 4 years ago, I decided to purchase my components from the largest rod building supply business in the U.S. located in Florida simply because they had the largest inventory and to minimize having to shop around to locate certain items. While their stock-on-hand is impressive, their shipping is quite the opposite if not down-right pathetic and unacceptable. Of the 25+ orders placed, only 2 were received in 4 days while the remaining orders required 6-14 days! My last order (note the word “last”) with them required being received within 4 days to insure the build being completed for a customer’s brother’s Christmas present. Even though the order qualified for free shipping, I opted to pay an additional $27.50 for expedited (3-4 days) shipping but the order took 6 days to receive. When confronted as to why, they refused to refund my additional shipping charges, passed-the-buck onto the carrier, all without even a “sorry”. According to tracking, the carrier had the order for 3 days but if sat in the vendor’s warehouse for the initial 3 days. Meadow muffins!!! They’re out!!!
Sorry to vent a bit, but when purchasing rod building supplies, or anything for that matter, we all deserve to be treated fairly, honestly, respectfully and appreciatively! If your vendors are not treating you as such, seriously consider the happy experience you will receive from the three exceptional businesses mentioned above. WE AND THEY DESERVE IT!!!

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster