I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Used a new board sponsor
Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: February 08, 2019 05:36PM

I just wanted to give a shout out to folks at Rougarou Rods. I placed a small order with them back on the 2nd, and received my package today. Pretty darned good I'd say.

As I said, it was a small order. Just some rare earth magnets for the thread carriage on my wrapper, and some Alps metallic thread. I think I'm really going to like these rare earth magnets. I put a set on one side of my thread carriage and I am pleasantly surprised at how well they work. Nice and smooth and very responsive to even the slightest adjustment.

The Alps HD metallic thread is extremely nice. It's nice and smooth, with a beautiful shimmer to it. I haven't tried it yet, but my guess is that it isn't going to be as clingy as some other metallic threads can be, when pulling under wraps. I got the size A in the 9011 gray. I was looking for something that would go well with the Fuji T2 dark grey titanium guides I'm putting on my next two builds. The color is exactly what I was looking for.

I'm a happy camper.

Thank you Rougarou Rods. I'll be coming back for more stuff !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 05:37PM by David Baylor.

Re: Used a new board sponsor
Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (172.58.59.---)
Date: February 08, 2019 06:32PM

I too placed a small order with Rougarou Rods. Great communication and quick shipping. Quality cork on closeout. Thank you!

Posted by: Eric Hanson (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2019 09:24PM

You're very welcome gentleman, my pleasure. I'm happy you had a great experience...I take great pride in ensuring every customer is happy with their product and service.

Regards,
Eric Hanson
Rougarou Rods

Posted by: herb canter (---.atmc.net)
Date: February 08, 2019 09:32PM

Looked at the website the day it became a sponsor and saw virtually nothing available but now it's well stocked , one of the few that carry both Alps and Fuji guides . Regarding the "Thrasher blanks" , a better explanation of powers is needed 1 ,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8 power doesn't tell you much. Nice layout and good selection though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster