I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ICRB Show and Rod Geeks
Posted by: Ed Kramer (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2019 11:33AM

I saw the list of vendors for the ICRB does not include Rod Geeks. Does anyone know if they plan to be at the show this year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ICRB Show and Rod Geeks
Posted by: herb canter (77.111.246.---)
Date: January 11, 2019 12:04PM

Rod Geeks was listed as being a vendor when the 2019 list first came out , now that i look at the updated list i see they're not . It's either an oversight or they have decided to skip it in favor of other LESS distinguished shows as i see St. Croix Rods has preferred to do again this year .

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2019 12:23PM

RodGeeks has a scheduling conflict this year.

St. Croix has a different conflict - Jason's son Max has a birthday on the weekend of the show. He has opted to stay home and do something with his son this year. Those of you who have attended the Expo over many years know that Max attended the show, on his birthday, for many, many years. They have arrived at a point where they plan to do something together closer to home this year.

Justina Edward, a commercial wrapper for St. Croix, will attend the Expo and present two seminars this year.

Date: January 11, 2019 12:34PM

St. Croix will be at a Madison outdoor show on the dates of the ICRBE so they won't miss an outdoor event in their home state of course , i must of missed Max at the show last year .

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2019 12:36PM

I doubt that Jason will be at that show. He is the head blank designer-engineer and the one that came to the ICRBE for something like 13 years on a row. I'm not going to fault him for wanting to spend the weekend with his son after all this time.

In the meantime, this leaves the direct representation of blanks from American Tackle, Batson Enterprises, CTS Fishing, CRB, Point Blank, Century, MHX, Tommy Farmer, Pacific Bay, Liberty, and some I'm probably forgetting at the moment. Plus, others that will be on hand in the various manufacturers' booths including both RodGeeds and St. Croix, among others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 01:20PM by Tom Kirkman.

Date: January 11, 2019 01:24PM

Most are very familiar with Jason Brunner and how active he has been at the ICRBE over the years , he called the ICRBE the "Superbowl" of custom rod building shows , just somewhat surprised that St. Croix has chosen to NOT keep their sponsorship active ( Don't necessarily buy into they must of forgot ) excuse and that St. Croix rods has not had a booth at the ICRBE last year and will not have one for this year either thats all .

Rodgeeks made up for St. Croixs absence last year because their booth offered a huge selection of outstanding blanks at 50% off but a scheduling conflict is a scheduling conflict but it is disappointing nonetheless .

The ICRBE is still a " Must go" event as most know very well .

Posted by: Ed Kramer (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 12, 2019 10:05PM

Thanks to all for the info.

Posted by: Rodgeeks Rod Blanks (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2019 01:30PM

Hi Everyone,

RODgeeks did register to exhibit at the 2019 Expo but we had to withdraw when several members of our team had conflicts that could not be rescheduled. We will miss seeing the many friends we have made over the years and hope to return in 2020. I hope the show is productive and enjoyable for all who attend.

Bob P.
RODgeeks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster