I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Seaguide’s XO series guides ?
Posted by: carol staiculescu (107.190.36.---)
Date: January 05, 2019 05:11PM

Is there anybody with some feedback on Seaguide’s XO series guides? I'm interested specifically in the Titanium Frame -Silicone Nitride (RSolutiun) insert. I am a KR kind of guy but Fuji's Titanium Torzite is just to pricey and Seaguide's solution seems to be the "best bang for the buck" type . So if there is somebody who had a chance to view them live or even better to use them, please share your opinion here . Thank you

kingofbeasts custom rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seaguide’s XO series guides ?
Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 05, 2019 08:47PM

Carol, I have tried the XO guides in both stainless steel (SC finish) and titanium frames with the RS rings and they are quite nice and light. The RS ring is very thin, mate not as thin as Torzite but close. A while back Rick Hall of SeaGuides gave me a couple of sets to try. I wrote a little review of these guides here on Rodboard. [www.rodbuilding.org]

I still don’t think they are available here in the US. They are very similar to the Fuji KR guides, and are less expensive, and do make a very suitable substitute. The XOHs have a wider frame spread and stand straighter, thus giving them a different little ‘fatter’ and straighter look than the Fuji KL-H guides, but the height are extremely similar. I guess the look is different enough to avoid patent infringements. I like the looks of the Fuji frames a little more, but they are similar. Hope this helps.
Norm

Date: January 06, 2019 10:42PM

Thank you very much Norman , this helps a lot . What I do not understand is how come they are not available in the US if SeaGuide is a sponsor here on the board ? Normally they should be stocking their own products and they should be very interested to promote their items if they want to sell . I did write them an email and hopefully they have some because if I need to import from Europe I'll stick to Fuji and I'll do some Tozite -Alconite combination in order to get more bang for the buck.

kingofbeasts custom rods

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 06, 2019 11:52PM

Best bang for the buck is probably the Pac Bay match guides in titanium.

Posted by: Rick Hall (---.msl-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: January 07, 2019 11:11AM

Hi Carol,

Thank you very much for the interest. SeaGuide is the only fully integrated components manufacturer in the world. We not only make all of our guide frames, we do all of our own plating, anodizing, and more importantly we manufacturer all of our ceramics, we have invested heavily into research and development of new ceramics. We are the only manufacturer that makes everything in-house. This allows us to provide our customers with more efficient service. We also have a huge design team and do lots of OEM projects.

Our new facility located in Weihai is extraordinary and that comes form Global Sourcing managers at all the largest OEM accounts. I will post some pictures later today, but we built 7 buildings on 9 acres that is approximately 800,000 sq feet and we employ in excess of 350 workers. We manufacturer in excess of 100,000 guides daily.

We have not had really pushed into the US rod building market, but rather dabbled a little. You will see a huge change this year. Currently in the US you either are buying from a distributor, retailer, or private label. We have a vision of a more direct approach. Please have a look at our catalog [sea-guide.com] We offer nearly every configuration of guides to any market. Stay tuned.

If anyone has questions please let me know.

Additionally I will be looking for Pro-staff and if anyone would like to apply please just shoot me an email.

Rick Hall
Global Sales Manager
SeaGuide Corporation
406-750-2122
www.sea-guide.com

Posted by: brian rossi (---.mycingular.net)
Date: January 07, 2019 12:01PM

It's been over a year but I contacted Anglers Workshop and they were happy to order the guides for me from Seaguide. That was the only way I could find to get them. It would be nice if they were readily available, sounds like that might be changing.

Date: January 08, 2019 12:15PM

Rick Hall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Carol,
Currently in
> the US you either are buying from a distributor,
> retailer, or private label. We have a vision of
> a more direct approach. Please have a look at our
> catalog [sea-guide.com] We offer
> nearly every configuration of guides to any
> market. Stay tuned.
>

> Additionally I will be looking for Pro-staff and
> if anyone would like to apply please just shoot me
> an email.

Well I did look on the catalog and I'Ve picked some guides from there for two future soft-plastics rods. I did write you on the contact form from the website but got no answer jet (and that was a few days ago) . A photo whit all the KR type guides side by side will help allot in choosing the right ones for a guide train (I'm talking about something like this: [files.ctctcdn.com]).
These are my pickings which i couldn't find anywhere to buy.:
Model ____________No. of pieces ________Model ___________ No.of Pieces
TiXOHRSG 25 _________ -1 _________ TiXOHRSG 20 _________ -1
TiXOHRSG 12 _________ -1 _________ TiXOHRSG 10 _________-1
TiXOLRSG 07 _________-1 _________ TiXOLRSG 07 _________-1
TiXORSG-W 5,5 _______-1 __________TiXORSG-W 5,5 ________-1
TiXORSG-W 05 _______ -3 __________TiXORSG-W 05 ________-1
TiXORSG-N 05 ________ -4 __________TiXORSG-N 4,5 ________ -6

If you can please let me know where I can buy them from or if you can make me an offer for them at carolstaiculescu@yahoo.com.
Thank you

kingofbeasts custom rods

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 12:19PM by carol staiculescu.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster