I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Black Friday NFC blank shipping
Posted by: Randy Hively (50.110.18.---)
Date: January 04, 2019 08:38PM

I ordered a blank on October 11. Have not heard a thing. I have ordered 8 blanks after that and nothing on them either

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ron zimmerman (---.tcso.qwest.net)
Date: January 04, 2019 11:31PM

I didn't order one and I'm happy I didn't .

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: January 05, 2019 01:09PM

There name is not doing well in the ROD supply ability , there customer service stinks, I hope it improves because there blanks are great as I see it , I don't know if Garry Loomas is still there but in the early
day's he had his fingers in the rod blank building , I , believe [ A great rod blank person ]

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: herb canter (77.111.246.---)
Date: January 05, 2019 03:10PM

Gary set the standard and is still pushing rod tech to it's limits . When such huge discounts are offered on NFC blanks it makes it very difficult for other rod companies to compete because other companies best blanks are selling for considerably more money than what the best blanks from NFC are selling for . Sounds like many people who are commenting are on a time critical schedule and maybe feeling the heat from their customers .

If thats the case i would be really upset as well, the thing to take away from all this is don't bother asking about when will you receive it because then you won't end up being disappointed , just realize you will eventually get it and be happy with the end result.

Posted by: carol staiculescu (107.190.36.---)
Date: January 05, 2019 05:28PM

Bill Sidney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There name is not doing well in the ROD supply
> ability , there customer service stinks, I hope
> it improves because there blanks are great as I
> see it , I don't know if Garry Loomas is still
> there but in the early
> day's he had his fingers in the rod blank
> building , I , believe [ A great rod blank person
> ]

I totally agree with you regarding NFC communication policy and customer service . On the other hand, I placed an order in December as well and talked on the phone with Steve Pitcock who confirmed for me two things: one is that Gary Loomis is still there and apparently has his offices right next to Steve's ; the other one is that there are 14 people handling two businesses NFC and Edge . In these conditions one can imagine that things can go a bit slower especially when offers like that are thrown on the market. I suspect that their 2016 bankruptcy case forced them to take distribution on their on hands and cash flow didn't allowed them to hire to many people . Hopefully this campaign will help them to get back on their feet so that things will be better in the future. Fingers crossed .

kingofbeasts custom rods

Posted by: David Miller (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: January 05, 2019 07:58PM

I am big fan of made in the USA rod blanks and especially North Fork Composites. With that said I wish they would go with an everyday reasonable price and shipping around $20 and maybe every once in awhile do a small sale to keep the volume consistent. This makes me think of what Tom has said many times that you can have only have 2 out of 3 Quality, Price and Service.

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: January 07, 2019 06:33PM

Carol ? The discounts offered ??? do you think they should not keep offering discounts that can't fill ? it sets a bad taste in your mouth, when you have to wait for a blank an they don't answer your Phone calls or E mails , I know, I stopped doing business with then just because of there customer support, later on they might get there ACT together , I hope so because there blanks are great , Time will tell on that,

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: Bruce Phillips (---.sub-174-234-129.myvzw.com)
Date: January 07, 2019 06:58PM

Look at there business hours as i believe they are open from 9am to 3 pm.....I emailed them over a week ago and got an answer that she would check into it and email me back in which that may take a couple days well it's been over a week and still heard nothing back. Im only building for myself but some in here build for others and have customers, so how do you explain to a customer that you don;t know when the blank will be in and that could be 2-3 weeks to 6 months, that's not going to fly..

Posted by: herb canter (77.111.246.---)
Date: January 08, 2019 03:35PM

Wow, if it's true that the hours are 9-3:00 pm thats very telling and not in a good way . Every company i have ever worked for has made it mandatory to work overtime or hire's more people to make sure to fulfill customer demands , guess the customer DOES NOT come first with NFC if those hours are legit . Maybe they feel like since the customers are always raving about the end product they will have to put up with the lack of communication but i'm speculating , maybe there's a very good reason nobody knows for sure.

Posted by: josh keller (---.hsd1.wv.comcast.net)
Date: January 08, 2019 10:01PM

my 2nd order from dec 27 shipped today.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster