I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Hitena 2019 Jan~Mar Expo schedule - Fly/Surf Blanks & Metallic thread showcase
Posted by: Hitena USA (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: January 03, 2019 05:15PM

Happy New Year, Everybody!

We'll showcase some of our blanks and metallic threads at shows early this year. Pls don't forget to visit our booth if you are coming for these shows.

Blank
- Fly rod blanks (17 type of 9'~15' Fly, Switch, Spey with various wt, Gloss/Matte finish, Some travel rods)
- Surf casting rod blanks (3 types of 9' 6' and 10' 6")

Actually, we are not quite new to blanks and finished fly rods market here in US. One of our affiliates has been supplying fly blanks/rods to the most renowned fly rod shops in the country but this time we are releasing our blank as standalone under our brand. These blanks were even more improved from previous version and was built on highest grade carbons that nobody else in the world has for rod building. For example, our 9' 6" Surf casting blank weighs 4.7 oz (132 gram) only which is abt 20% lighter and will cast at least 10% more than one of the highest priced ones. 9" fly, 13' 6" & 14' spey rods and 9' 6" & 10' 6" surf rods built on our blank, wrapping thread and epoxy will be available for trial. You will see how different grade material in blank completely changes rod performance.

Metallic thread (114 colors out of 224 planned will start sale at shows first)
Vivid (Single color), Stripe, Zebra, Noble, Aurora, Zebra Stripe, Versa will be available for sale at show at discount. 110 more colors will be released next month.

We are unlikely to start sales of blank and metallic thread at our homepage before next month due to packed schedule. Once up for sale at homepage, we'll make another post with detailed product descriptions. In the meantime, you can take a look at some blank photos here. [hitenausa.com] . We used Silk thread for this Spey rod.

Show schedule
---------------------
Ultimate Fishing Show - Detroit, MI (1/10~13)
Fly Fishing Expo - Marborough, MA (1/18~20)
Chicagoland Fishing Travel & Outdoor Expo - Schaumburg, IL (1/24~27)
Fly Fishing Expo - Atlanta, GA (2/1~2)
ICRBE - Winston-Salem, NC (2/23~24)
World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition - Suffern, NY (2/28~3/3)
Fly Fishing Expo - Lancaster, PA (3/9~10)
The Saltwater Fishing Expo - Edison, NJ (3/15~3/17)
New England Saltwater Fishing Show - Providence, RI (3/22~24)

Thanks.

Gabriel Hwang
Hitena USA LLC
gabriel@hitenausa.com
[www.hitenausa.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hitena 2019 Jan~Mar Expo schedule - Fly/Surf Blanks & Metallic thread showcase
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 03, 2019 05:47PM

Busy couple of months on teh road GAbe, have fun at the shows!! I'm going to be giving out those samples at The ENRBs gathering on SAturday, I have between 30-35 builders showing up

Re: Hitena 2019 Jan~Mar Expo schedule - Fly/Surf Blanks & Metallic thread showcase
Date: January 04, 2019 10:31AM

Hi Billy,

Good to hear you have been busy. It took 4 more months for us to finally release metallic threads - actual production is much more improved from those samples. See you at ICRBE!
Thanks.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 04, 2019 07:26PM

I woudl love to see them I've had the ones you sent my hanging on a piece of line in my shop so everyone can see them. YOu have some amazing colors that peopel cannot wait to purchase, myself included. PLease let me know when they are ready

Posted by: Wade Dailey (---.sub-174-231-5.myvzw.com)
Date: January 04, 2019 08:41PM

Really anxious to see these metallic threads. Will you offer a kit or single piece only?

Date: January 05, 2019 04:28AM

Sure Billy. Should be up for sale at our homepage as soon as we are back from Jan shows. Will let you know.

Hi Wade. We should be offering a kit but just thinking how to pick colors out of 240. Kits should be offered at discount when single pieces are on sale. Thanks for your interest.

Posted by: Jonathan Hotham (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2019 11:38AM

The wife and I stopped by the Hitena booth. . . 3 times last night. I spoke to Gabe and Scott pretty extensively. Hitena has been off my radar until now, but I was very impressed with the products. We picked up some thread, the super awesome fly tackle cases and some flourocarbon line. We are really impressed with everything we saw. Big thumbs up!

Posted by: Hitena USA (---.tmodns.net)
Date: January 14, 2019 07:58AM

Hi Jonathan,

Was really glad to see you and your wife at our booth. Appreciate your time to stop and have time with me and your kind words. Hope our ttackles work great for you. Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster