I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mudhole crb blanks
Posted by: James Beaudry (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: December 29, 2018 04:30PM

Hello everyone, I have tried searching around for information on the mudhole crb blanks and I have not been able to find much. Specifically just looking to see what peoples opinions are of them. Good or bad. Are the actions pretty true to what they are labeled as? Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole crb blanks
Posted by: David Tenney (---.sub-174-195-156.myvzw.com)
Date: December 29, 2018 08:03PM

I would also like to hear some opinions on them.

Posted by: John DeMartini (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: December 29, 2018 09:41PM

James

I use the IS701MH and the Is701L for my go to rods. They are good quality and are very hardy. I have no problem recommending them. Its a good bread and butter rod and inexpensive.

If you are looking for fast and extra fast or other specialty blanks then these may not be your choice.

I have sold and given as gifts many rods using these blanks and never had any negative feedback.

Have fun

John

Date: December 29, 2018 10:22PM

Thanks John, I am looking to build a couple cranking rods for myself. One geared more for rattle traps and the other one for small to medium crankbaits. I have been looking at the mhx blanks for cranking and they have a moderate/fast action. Since the crb blanks have the same action I am debating on which I might want to get.

Posted by: Scott Appley (---.glt-wy.client.bresnan.net)
Date: December 30, 2018 05:57PM

I built 4 bottom bounce rods with the CBR blanks last year and am very pleased with all 4. As stated they get beat up and keep working.

Date: December 30, 2018 08:13PM

Well I ended up ordering a couple mhx blanks and 1 crb color series blank. After I get it built I will try to do a write up on it.

Posted by: David Tenney (---.sub-174-195-156.myvzw.com)
Date: December 30, 2018 09:03PM

I look forward to your write up on the CRB. Which one did you get? One day I may order the 7’6” MF Heavy to throw 6xd cranks.

Date: December 30, 2018 10:08PM

I bought a crb 7' medium. It's labeled as having a mod/fast action which should work well for crankbaits. I will either be fishing small to medium crankbaits or lipless baits on it. I also bought a 7' mh mhx cranking rod to build. That rod will mostly be used for lipless baits unless it proves to be to heavy for them which is why I wanted to try the 7' m crb blank as well. I realize they are not the same power but it will be interesting to see how both fish. I am really looking forward to getting the crb blank in the mail to see the quality of it.

Posted by: Fernando Arellano (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 01, 2019 03:05PM

Very nice blanks, I've use the 761.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster