nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

  • Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

  • Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

    Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.

ICRBE 2020
CCS Database
Int. Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
Anglers Workshop
BRC Rods
Bingham Enterprises
Cork Specialties LLC
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
CTS New Zealand
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
Hitena USA
Janns Netcraft
Mickels Custom Rods
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Pacific Bay
REC Components
Renzetti Inc.
Rod Builders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
RodMaker Blog
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
The Rod Room
Trondak U-40
Utmost Enterprises

Finish applicator
Posted by: Elrod (150.199.191.---)
Date: November 20, 2001 02:24PM

Bought a painters knife the other day to try for applying finish (it's shaped like a pie server with a flat tip). It works great. Very thin so can turn on edge to apply finish right along threads to get a nice straight line in the finish. Also, for long butt wraps, inlays etc... you can use the upper or wider portion of the blade to apply finish evenly over a large area. I believe I bought a #4 at Hobby Lobby or Michael's for $4.95. Works great.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Finish applicator
Posted by: Jeff Stickle (---.lnh.md.webcache.rcn.net)
Date: November 21, 2001 06:22AM

Sounds like you bought a pallette knife. These are flexible tools used for mixing artist paint. They look like a little cement trowel, the kind with an offset handle. They come in both metal and plastic with a very wide variety of shapes and strengths. They are great for mixing epoxy. You will find them by the artist brushes in any craft or art supply store.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.