I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

extra fast or fast fly blank
Posted by: pablo alday (---.bii.ch)
Date: November 20, 2001 12:45PM

I am looking for an extra fast blank similar to the old Sage RPL+ blank. Can anyone recomend other blanks with this type action.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: extra fast or fast fly blank
Posted by: Elrod (150.199.191.---)
Date: November 20, 2001 02:05PM

Try the Loomis IMX, they just brought it back in flyrods. To me, one of the best blanks out there. Value will be suprising too, much cheaper than the Sage.

Posted by: jnail (---.unitelc.com)
Date: November 20, 2001 03:54PM

I am told by the sage guy that the new sage XP series pretty much replaces the RPL+

Posted by: Sean Tate (216.161.55.---)
Date: November 21, 2001 12:13PM

Save some money and try the St. Croix Legend Ultra blanks - similar fast action to the XP, $100+ dollars less.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.tnt1.winston-salem.nc.da.uu.net)
Date: November 21, 2001 03:02PM

I would have to agree with Sean, at least if you are open to something different. Don't want to sound like a commercial, but the last SCIV fly rod I put together ranks with the very best rods I have ever cast or fished. Top quality, great performance, light weight and not too much money. Can't ask for much more.

Posted by: Mike Moran (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 28, 2001 07:16AM

I have built the Gatti TA (tip action) series, and nothing comes close to these for fast tips. Throws a mile with sensitivity to boot. Had a guy who owns a trout stream throw an 8 footer and swears it outperforms his sage 9'. You can get these from Mud Hole for around the $100 mark.

Mike Moran
Alleghany Anglers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster