I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ok guys.. Ultralight time.. I got $200 to play with
Posted by: herb canter (162.243.3.---)
Date: November 29, 2018 07:04PM

I prefer the St. Croix blanks myself but thats just me , their feel and action i prefer over many others including Rainshadow, i had an Immortal but didn't care for it that much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Randy Kruger (---.dhcp.chtrptr.net)
Date: November 29, 2018 10:46PM

Those MicroWave Air guides that were referred to as "stamped junk" are tough as nails, and light weight. Good enough for "Lews Rods" to use on their MACH Speed Sticks.

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.sub-174-201-38.myvzw.com)
Date: November 29, 2018 11:15PM

Im fairly sure He was refering to the airwaves.. Not the microwaves.. Ive built 3 rods with the microwave system.. And i vouch for them.. Never tried the airwaves though.. They utalize the microwave technology, but dont have an insert.. They say they are the lightest guides on the market.. But at what cost? I know price is nothing to go by, but the microwave system is around 45$ for a set. Where as the airwaves are around 15$..

Oh i had to add this to this post.. Haha.. The new rodmaker magazine has a set of microwaves on the cover!.. Lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2018 11:20PM by Anthony Unger.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 30, 2018 03:45PM

Herb, I'm curious as to which Immortal blank you're referring to? Just curious ...

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: November 30, 2018 05:03PM

Airwaves are cheap, and they look it! I like microwaves also. Minima 4s are great. I prefer something other than chrome for looks if not on a tight budget. Guess I won't be seeing you for a while, only one road between us and they can't seem to keep it open! Try Utmost sometime, Carol's a peach.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: November 30, 2018 11:40PM

Randy, So because Lews uses it on a rod that wholesales at 35.00 he should jump all over them???? Not IMO. Hope you like them but I stand by my statement they are stamped junk. Prove to me they are not and I might dig my last set out of the trash. As you are affiliated with AMTAC I can see why you would stand by them.

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.dhcp.hspr.ca.charter.com)
Date: December 01, 2018 02:20AM

What is the weight of the spinners you make?

What lbs test are you using?

And what size fish?

Email me if you wish.

For guides, I would suggest the Fuji T-AT series.

Posted by: Anthony Unger (---.15.236.249.res-cmts.ovr.ptd.net)
Date: December 01, 2018 02:50AM

Emailed..

Im just stuck on the microwaves... Such a smooth cast with them.. As lomg as you set them up properly

Posted by: Alex Weissman (---.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 06, 2018 06:57PM

I've built a couple of rods on the Rainshadow IMMWS62MXF walleye blank. Minima guides, split grip, no fore grip, 6'3". The rod and reel weighs less than 10 oz. I'm using an Okuma Helios 30 reel. Extremely light and very sensitive.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster