I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

North Fork Delta Blank Quality?
Posted by: David Tenney (---.dyn.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 17, 2018 07:29PM

What is the overall quality of the NFC Delta blanks? I was thinking of putting together a deep water worm rod for fishing ledges here on the TN river system. I am usually throwing 1/2 ounce weight on 15 pound fluorocarbon. I usually like 7' 7'4". This blank is a little longer but may work MB 795-1 Delta LMX. Opinions and thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North Fork Delta Blank Quality?
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2018 08:33PM

I've built and fished some of the Delta salmon rods and like them very much. Another quality product from NFC.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.mobile.att.net)
Date: November 17, 2018 08:34PM

I am another that is a fan of them!!

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 17, 2018 08:58PM

NFC was started by Gary Loomis, quality should not be a question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2018 08:59PM by Phil Erickson.

Posted by: Bruce Phillips (---.sub-174-234-144.myvzw.com)
Date: November 18, 2018 02:48PM

I just ordered 2 delta from them as they have a 65% off sale on blanks, 2-3 weeks shipping time.

Date: November 18, 2018 02:49PM

Lol I waited 6 weeks to get mine.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2018 04:00PM

Perhaps the Delta blanks are selling like crazy, and that is the reason for the prolonged shipping times? I ordered an X ray blank It said the same 2-3 week time frame for shipping. I ordered it on the 10th of this month and received it on the 17th.

Date: November 18, 2018 05:19PM

David that particular order had IM, delta and X-ray

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2018 08:58PM

The Delta blank quality is excellent especially for the $. If this is a go to rod that will be used very often I would opt for the X Ray since it is already in your preferred length and greater power to weight ratio for more sensitivity to bites. At 65% off it is certainly the time to get one if you can swing it. Can’t wait till I have some time to build my SJ 732.

Posted by: David Tenney (---.sub-174-196-138.myvzw.com)
Date: November 19, 2018 02:48PM

I looked at the X-rays. They do have one that would work, I believe it was SJ 736 Fast/Heavy. How do you think this blank would work on a casting platform using 15 pound fluorocarbon? I called them to ask but the guy I need to talk to is off all week per the lady that answered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 02:58PM by David Tenney.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2018 05:42PM

David, for the type of rod you're building I was actually going to suggest you go with an X ray. I don't know how sensitive the Delta blanks are, but I can tell you the X ray blank that I just received is other worldly as far as sensitivity goes. It's more sensitive than the Rainshadow Immortal blanks that I've built on, and those are very sensitive blanks.

As far as your question, would the SJ736 work for what you're building it for, and the line you're using. I have no doubts that it would. And it would work exceptionally well. The X ray blank that I referred to ordering was the MB736. I'm building it as a casting rod and will be using 15# Tatsu. It's going to be my lighter (3/8 oz) football jig rod. I am going to whack some smallmouth with it !!!

Date: November 19, 2018 05:55PM

The SJ736 is perfect for what you are looking to do!!!

Posted by: David Tenney (---.sub-174-195-154.myvzw.com)
Date: November 19, 2018 06:41PM

Thanks guys for your input and patience with a new builder. I am on my 5th build now and really enjoying it! I will go ahead and order the SJ 736

Posted by: David Miller (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: November 21, 2018 09:55PM

You won’t regret going with the X Ray for your build.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster