I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Homemade drying stands
Posted by: Elrod (150.199.191.---)
Date: November 20, 2001 10:47AM

Been fiddling again and made some homemade drying stands to mount on the wall. Cost about $5-6 dollars per stand. They work on same principle as power wrapper stands. I used nylon wheels from Lowe's made for storm door tracks. Will try to explain, if someone is interested I will scan a drawing and email off list. Take a 3/4" board and cut about 7" long by 21/2" wide. Take router and 1/4" straight bit (dont forget to set up some kind of router fence to make the cuts straight) cut two grooves centered 1/2" apart the length of the board. Now cut two pieces about 7" by 1 1/2". Line up and drill 1/4" holes to match the slots you made in the other board. Take 1/4" bolts washers and wingnuts and thread through slots into holes. This allows adjusting up and down. You need one more board as above with holes drilled and do the same. Now you should have two "arms" that are adjustable up and down. I bought small "L" brackets to mount the wheels up off the arms. Two wheels on bottom, one on top. Easy, took about an hour to make two stands. To mount to wall, take a 1x4 and screw to slotted board on end, then screw 1x4 to wall. If interested, email off list and I will make a drawing. Very simple method. Kind of fun to make own stuff too. Also, if in the market for drying motors, www.allelectronics.com has 36rpm, 40 rmp motors for $2.50 each. Happy wrapping.
Elrod

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Homemade drying stands
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 20, 2001 07:26PM

I would like a sketch of your homemade drying stands. Thanks, Ellis Mendiola

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster