I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Micro guide sizes.
Posted by: Alex Weissman (---)
Date: November 03, 2018 05:40PM

My fishing partner stepped on a Abu Garcia Veritas VRTCM73-6 rod that has micro guides.If anyone knows the make, model and sizes I need them to order several new ones. The first 3 are double foot and the first one measures ..225" without the insert, the second one is .123" with the insert but it's bent badly, the third is gone. The rest of them are single foot and measure .095" with the insert, a couple are missing and one is broken. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Micro guide sizes.
Date: November 03, 2018 05:52PM

The color looks to be bronze or gunsmoke, it's not black or silver if that makes a difference.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 03, 2018 07:03PM

Why not ask Abu Garcia?

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: November 03, 2018 11:30PM

Alex,
Since a bunch of the guides are missing or damaged, why don't you cut off the rest of the guides and pick up a set of micros that you would like on the rod and rewrap and recoat the thread wraps.

Much easier to go with a new set - rather than trying to match a guide.

Good luck

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.97.252.156.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: November 04, 2018 02:15PM

Went through this with Abu- Garcia about the same rod and got nowhere. They do not offer replacement guides or provide info on who may have made them. I think best you can do is find some that look close or change them all. Good luck. (A lot of these guides broke, I'd change them all.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2018 02:18PM by Lynn Behler.

Date: November 04, 2018 08:20PM

Thanks Lynn. I've never been one to not take advise of someone that went before me.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---)
Date: November 05, 2018 02:19PM

Alex, I was going through some of salvage guides and I think I may have some from Veritas rods, you can have them if you want them. Let me know and I can send you a picture via email.
Norm

Posted by: Alex Weissman (---.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 07, 2018 08:13AM

Thanks Norm, I'll take you up on that. I emailed Abu Garcia and they said they didn't offer replacements but the sizes were 6,5 and the rest 4s. They seem smaller than that though. Starting from the butt I need 1,2,3,4 and 6. The first three are double footed. #2 is .122" and the running guides are .095" with inserts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster