I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Cork ring jig
Posted by: Fernando Arellano (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 01, 2018 02:38AM

Can someone give me some info or direction on how to use the diagonal cut jig.

Re: Cork ring jig
Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: November 01, 2018 11:11AM

Date: November 01, 2018 11:40AM

I've seen that video, although great piece, I'm more interested in how to use the diagonal jig. Thank you very much.

Posted by: Matthew Pitrowski (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 01, 2018 11:35PM

what is it exactly you want to do ?? with the jig

The best day to be alive is always tomorrow !!
Think out side the box when all else fails !!!
Wi.

Date: November 02, 2018 12:34AM

I have 4 jigs, a 12, a 16, a slicer, and a diagonal cut. They call it a diamond wedge (mhcj4) which I bought from mudhole, I called them to see if they had any videos, but no luck. I'd like to how to use it and ehat its capable of. If all else fails, I will buy the cheapest cork rings I can find and practice until I master it. Because winners never quit and quitters never win.

Posted by: Matthew Pitrowski (---.lightspeed.milwwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 02, 2018 09:08AM

[www.mudhole.com] on this page further down you will find this it is a written explanation of how to with the jigs
Download Inlay Instructions (1.6MB PDF)

hope this helps and have fun with it
to get the diamond shape you cut the ring on one side then rotate it 180 and cut it again rendering half of the diamond take that ring out and insert another ring and repeat the cuts that gives you the 2 pieces you need to make the diamond shape then repeat that on you next 2 different colored rings glue 1 of the wedges in to one of the second cut rings and in the other second cut ring put then wedge to wedge and glue them and press them till dry and you have a 1 inch ring with a diamond shape

The best day to be alive is always tomorrow !!
Think out side the box when all else fails !!!
Wi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 11:58AM by Matthew Paul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster