I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

new guy
Posted by: sebastian sado (138.163.106.---)
Date: October 16, 2018 03:01PM

Aloha everyone im new to this forum and would like to give my aloha and make new friends in this community. Im new to rod building and always wanted to get invovled in rod building for a long time, now i finally have the chance to start it.
1. i have few question about how to select rod blanks for saltwater fishing here in hawaii from plugging to trolling type.
2. Any information on power wrap brands. Something i can buy 1 time good investment that has quality and last me years to build without buying different machines to upgrade offenly.
3. Ill be buiilding some rods for myself and family friends, and hopely in the future when i gain alot of experiance i could build for customers.
4. And websites for shopping.

Mahalo,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new guy
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 16, 2018 06:34PM

Check the sponsor list to the left of this forum. Plenty of good manufacturers and dealers there.

Posted by: David Tenney (---)
Date: October 16, 2018 07:37PM

From one new guy to another, Welcome!

Posted by: John Cates (---)
Date: October 17, 2018 12:56PM

Sebatian

Our products, finishes and glues are designed and built to be OEM quality and last for years and years. We have great short videos that are full of information and won't waste your time. Check out our website or call us.

www.flexcoat.com
512-858-7742

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Posted by: sebastian sado (138.163.106.---)
Date: October 17, 2018 04:56PM

What is the difference in drying with a 9rpm vs. 18rpm configuration?

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 17, 2018 06:09PM

None.
Norm

Posted by: John Cates (---)
Date: October 18, 2018 10:11AM

Some like a faster RPM for application out of preference for their technique and particular rod. As far as curing, I have talked to some rod builders that, for their particular style of custom rod, they like to apply thick coats and they say the 18 spins fast enough to not let the finish drip off but not too fast to sling it off. It may also be important to keep in mind that the slower the RPM the more power and often the longer life out of a motor.

We offer two grades of gear motors, the standard duty and heavy duty. The standard duty is great for most medium to lite rods, inshore rods. The heavy duty motors are great for all rods and highly recommended for large offshore rods. The heavy duty grade motors cost a little more but can really hold up.

Flex Coat Company
Professional Rod Building Supplies
www.flexcoat.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster